Gaming Usb Loader Gx dsi exception (error)

juju957

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have looked around on some forums searching for solutions for this error but I haven't found any similar so I'm posting.

I have the USb Loader Gx and It work really nice. Today I tried to put The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and when I tried to start the console restarted. I looked around on the internet and discovered that I needed to install "wads" so I downloaded a Wad manager and installed all of the needed wads that have come with the download of the game. I followed this tutorial: http://www.wiihacks.com/blogs/shadow...tall-wads.html

It all went smoothly but when I tried to start the Usb Loader Gx an error message appeared saying: "Exception (DSI) occurred! ..... lots of codes ..... Restarting in 5 seconds" But it did nothing and I had to shut down the wii by myself. I tried to uninstall the wads but the error was the same and I don't know what to do. I think I will need to install the Usb Loader Gx again and I would like someone to explain me how to solve this and how to re-install it if is necessary.

If you need more information like which Wads I installed and a System Check List, let me know that I'll post. I thank those who help :)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have looked around on some forums searching for solutions for this error but I haven't found any similar so I'm posting.

I have the USb Loader Gx and It work really nice. Today I tried to put The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and when I tried to start the console restarted. I looked around on the internet and discovered that I needed to install "wads" so I downloaded a Wad manager and installed all of the needed wads that have come with the download of the game. I followed this tutorial: http://www.wiihacks.com/blogs/shadow...tall-wads.html

It all went smoothly but when I tried to start the Usb Loader Gx an error message appeared saying: "Exception (DSI) occurred! ..... lots of codes ..... Restarting in 5 seconds" But it did nothing and I had to shut down the wii by myself. I tried to uninstall the wads but the error was the same and I don't know what to do. I think I will need to install the Usb Loader Gx again and I would like someone to explain me how to solve this and how to re-install it if is necessary.

If you need more information like which Wads I installed and a System Check List, let me know that I'll post. I thank those who help :)

I don't know why you would need to install wads to play skyward sword. The tutorial you linked to was last updated nearly 3 years ago.....you will find lots of outdated Wii hacking info online if you are not careful.

Skyward Sword is said to play fine, but me I kept getting freezes while playing and ended up playing the game from disc.

I am no expert, but if it were me I would simply update my soft mod. There are guides around here where they suggest using a program (ModMii) that guides you or over at wii hacks just follow mauifrogs softmod guide. Doing this should over ride anything you messed up I think.

juju957

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am no expert, but if it were me I would simply update my soft mod. There are guides around here where they suggest using a program (ModMii) that guides you or over at wii hacks just follow mauifrogs softmod guide. Doing this should over ride anything you messed up I think.

Well, I would like to try Solfmode it but what does this exactly do? I took a look at mauifrogs guide and it is for installing 3 loaders and other things that I guess I already have. However I'm up to follow the guide if it's going to get rid of all my problens but I'm worried if I'll have problens because I already have some stuff.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can skip the part where the loaders are installed if you don't want them. I don't know why a game you downloaded would come with any wads and it sounds like when you installed those it messed something up. If you follow that guide or use ModMii your softmod should be updated to the latest and greatest, an updated mod should give you the best compatiblity with the most games.

Reactions: juju957

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The provided WAD are OLD.
The wads were only the latest version of d2x cIOS available back when Zelda were released, for users who never updated their cIOS. (v7 beta, but d2x is now at version 10!)
The d2x cIOS has the ability to prevent games from rebooting to system menu if you never watched the WiiMotion+ video.
It also allows display of the WiiMotion+ video without using alternative dol loading feature. (you can watch the video without updating your cIOS or installing random Wads by using different methods)

Users who already watched the WiiMotion+ video NEVER had the need of updating their IOS or using that "fake" fix.

The problem here is that un-aware users made bad tutorial without understanding what they were doing, and thought "updating my cIOS fixed it for me, let's tell the world that it's the real fix for everyone else too without explaining the problem".
It has never been a proper fix (nor even a real protection! it's just a video present in many games), and following OLD tutorial or installing random wads is not the best thing to do.
Never install random files without understanding what it is or what it is used for.

Like Blaise said, use modmii to download all the latest version of everything, it will generate a guide to re-soft mod your Wii.

About the DSI error, it shouldn't happen. The only current dsi error I know is related to accessing files without mounting the HDD first, but it shouldn't be your case.
If after updating your softmod you still have that problem, delete the USBLoaderGX config files (or all the folder) to reset all the settings (IOS settings, HDD settings etc.)

Reactions: juju957

juju957

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for both of you, I was starting getting a little worried but now I'm going to follow mauifrog's tutorial and I will probably be able to play :)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
please note when mauifrog's was last updated (no offense, please - I didn't check it myself)
For noobs, Modmii is the the way to go and is always up to date (as of today)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China