USB Loader GX driving me crazy; issues with wii disc rips

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jupitersj, Dec 18, 2016.

1. jupitersj
    OP

jupitersj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    I have a:
    White Wii with Gamecube ports
    Black Wii with no Gamecube ports but has sd/usb
    Black 32GB WiiU Deluxe

Each wii/wiiU has its own SD Card, USB Stick, and copy/config of USB Loader GX

All 3 have Homebrew Channel, nand backups, keys, ios backups etc

Wii's have v10 d2x 56-249/57-250
    WiiU has v10 d2x 56-249/57-250/58-251

All 3 systems will not rip wii games to 2 different 64GB USB sticks or a 32GB USB stick; all sticks play my "acquired" wii games I personally made from iso to wbfs with Wii Backup Manager. All 3 sticks are FAT32 32K and wbfs are 4GB splits. If I set the loader to 249 the games just show 100% complete immediately and lockup the systems, loading with ios58 just shows creating folder error on the 64GB sticks and works on 32GB stick but will always lockup anywhere from 1% - 32% finished.

So, I pulled out my wall powered external 4GB hard drive GPT NTFS formatted. White Wii can't rip to this drive at all, get lockups. Black Wii and WiiU rip to this drive perfectly fine.

SO, I ripped 8 games; Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns, I SPY Spooky Mansion, Just Dance 4, Just Dance 2015, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Twilight Princess.
    I played 10 minutes of AC, DKCR, JD4, MKW and they loaded up right away and played fine.

I SPY, Super Smash Bros, Brawl, and Twilight Princess load to a black screen but the games will all load and play if I let the wii's/wiiu sit for 2-5 minutes on the black screen. Just Dance 2015 never loads even if I try to gameload it with other ios(250 etc). I re ripped the problem games with the black wii and the wiiu again and have the same issues! I tried playing the games on all 3 systems.

I started to verify the rips USB Loader GX made with Wii Backup Manager and so far I SPY read and verified perfectly fine; Smash had errors reading partition/disc/ticket but it still verified fine.

I "acquired" another backup of Twilight Princess and it loads right up with USB Loader GX instead of taking forever to load like my personal backup. What is going on?

Last edited by jupitersj, Dec 18, 2016
  2. jupitersj
    OP

jupitersj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    Well, axe the good games; multiple loads for the games that were working cause long load times or no load sometimes. Usb Loader GX hates me lol.

In the process of reripping with CleanRip v2 and converting to wbfs with WBM and all have been a success so far.