Hacking USB Loader GX doesn't offer me to install games.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is technically a "beta" release, however you'll find it's much more stable than "official" versions. the one on their site range from r800-900 or so, while this one I posted is r1035

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
this is technically a "beta" release, however you'll find it's much more stable than "official" versions. the one on their site range from r800-900 or so, while this one I posted is r1035
!
ohmy.gif

Where can I find a more updated list?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I installed r1035 but on my initial run I got a message about NTFS being unsupported and I'm missing a CIOS or something and continue at your own risk. I just loaded it back up and I didn't get the message, so I can't go into details. What could the risks be and how can I avoid it? I don't know what CIOS it specified.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they don't update it cause, like i said, they're beta builds. What cIOS are you running? Any cIOS should be supported, and I think cIOSX R17+ supports NTFS drives, it could be R19+ however.

Oh you'll probably have to go into global settings and reset everything and reselect your settings (including partition)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
they don't update it cause, like i said, they're beta builds. What cIOS are you running? Any cIOS should be supported, and I think cIOSX R17+ supports NTFS drives, it could be R19+ however.

Oh you'll probably have to go into global settings and reset everything and reselect your settings (including partition)
I have no idea. I didn't hack my Wii myself, got a friend to. Is there a way I can check?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Shano56 said:

I have no idea. I didn't hack my Wii myself, got a friend to. Is there a way I can check?

just reinstall it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H22XLRP

use whatever it gives you for "ios to use for installing other ios" w/e
use base 37 or base 56 (your choice, pick one)
use slot 249

You can always reinstall and pick different bases once you understand more about cIOSes

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
8BitWalugi said:
Shano56 said:

just reinstall it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H22XLRP

use whatever it gives you for "ios to use for installing other ios" w/e
use base 37 or base 56 (your choice, pick one)
use slot 249

You can always reinstall and pick different bases once you understand more about cIOSes
Wait, what? I'm having trouble understanding
wacko.gif

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k the megaupload link will give you the DOL (homebrew aplication) for the Custom IOS Instaler (cIOSX r21)

Download, extract, make sure it's named boot.dol put it in a folder in your apps folder on your sd card/usb device

can you do that part?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
k the megaupload link will give you the DOL (homebrew aplication) for the Custom IOS Instaler (cIOSX r21)

Download, extract, make sure it's named boot.dol put it in a folder in your apps folder on your sd card/usb device

can you do that part?
So with that CIOS the latest revision of USB Loader GX should work?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Shano56 said:

can you do that part?

Yes

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
8BitWalugi said:
Shano56 said:

can you do that part?

Yes
Could it possibly screw anything else up? I'm sorry if I'm being a little paranoid about the whole thing. I don't want it to brick and I screwed up the drive on my Wii the other day.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm just going to answer your question.... You cannot install games from a disc onto a NTFS formatted hard drive, it's not supported because of a compatibilty issue with the loader not being able to write to ntfs drives. If you want to be able to install games from the wii you need to format the drive to fat32 or wbfs of which I would suggest fat32. Yes fat32 can only read 4gb and smaller files but the loader and wii backup manager will automatically split the files to 4gb(yes dual layer games will still work fine, they're just two files now but it doesn't affect how they appear in the loader, it still appears as a single game). There is really no advantage to using ntfs over fat32 unless you're using the drive to store computer files larger than 4gb's each.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Okay I'm just going to answer your question.... You cannot install games from a disc onto a NTFS formatted hard drive, it's not supported because of a compatibilty issue with the loader not being able to write to ntfs drives. If you want to be able to install games from the wii you need to format the drive to fat32 or wbfs of which I would suggest fat32. Yes fat32 can only read 4gb and smaller files but the loader and wii backup manager will automatically split the files to 4gb(yes dual layer games will still work fine, they're just two files now but it doesn't affect how they appear in the loader, it still appears as a single game). There is really no advantage to using ntfs over fat32 unless you're using the drive to store computer files larger than 4gb's each.

this is wrong. any modern Usb Loader can write to NTFS

edit: proof - http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=957

notice, usb loader gx is now on R1039

another edit: yeah that build was released 19th of September. you're a little out of the loop
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0