Homebrew USB Loader GX doesn`t recognize my drive

Matthewwroben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I`ve been using USB Loader GX for a while now,and it worked fine for all this time. But about a week ago I had to use the drive for something else, and in the meantime I put Riiloader on my SD card and installed the Forwarder for it. (I know this might not be related but I decided to mention it in case it might actually mean something) so I formatted it and used it for that. But after that was done I formatted the drive back to WBFS like I had previously. But it didn`t work. I launched USB loader GX and it gave the error saying that the USB device was not found and that it`s turning on the channel mode. So then I decided to re-installed cIOS 222, IOS236 and d2x cIOS in hope that it would fix the issue but it didn`t. Then I decided to format my drive into NTFS but that didn`t change anything. After that I formatted it into fat32 using a different program as the option wasn`t available in the windows format section. And that didn`t work either. After that I tried formatting it into fat32 on the Wii Backup Manager and everything worked fine there and I was able to put a game on it just to test it out if it works on the Wii but it didn`t because USB loader couldn`t read it again. I know that my Wii console reads it as when I turn on the loader the small light on my flash drive lights up. Also when USB loader GX turns on it doesn`t tell me that it`s looking for a HDD when I have it in the bottom usb port of the wii if put down horizontally. (If it`s put up vertically I believe it`s the one on the right.) It just turns on like it should but it tells me that it can`t find a drive.

Is there a way to fix this?

Also, just in case I wanna apologize in advance if someone with my case asked a question just like mine in the formus before and it was answered. I`m new here and I didn`t do any looking trough just went here to ask for some help instantly. I`m not a pro with things like these. I used online tutorials to get it working before. And I have no idea why it suddenly stopped.

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
you need to format the drive using WBFS Manager 2.5, after doing that and copying the games to your drive using the program, USB Loader GX should recognize your drive and games.
note: whan using the program make sure to select the right drive. a lot of people accidently format C drive.

Matthewwroben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to mention that NeoGamma and Configuralbe USB Loader read my games just fine, only GX didn`t. But now that Icleaned my drive using command prompt on Windows and formatting it into FAT32 using FAT32 GUI Formatter I got it working again. Maybe it had more partions that I wasn`t aware of I dunno lol. Thanks for a heads up anyhow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)