USB loader gx crashing after reload on WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Jaxtaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Jaxtaylor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2002
    Hey guys, after a few issues with getting usb loader working with a thumb drive, it finally works, but have now got a bit of an issue I can't figure out...

Games load fine, but if I exit the game (currently takes me back to the Wii channel) and reload usb loader, it hang on 'initializing usb device'. I have to reset the WiiU to get it going again. Not a massive issue as it's all still working, but it's irritating!

Anyone else experienced this?

2. JasonH

JasonH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Sounds like a forwarder issue. Make sure you have the proper forwarder.

3. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Oct 25, 2002
    I have installed a forwarder now, but it still seems to be an issue. I can load a game fine, exit the game which takes me back to the USB Loader, but I can't load another game. I've also noticed, when I exit USB Loader then go into Nintendont, it doesn't recognise the USB drive. It's almost like the loader is locking the USB device and not releasing it after loading the first game.

Seriously hoping I don't have to do a complete reinstall of everything!

4. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Oct 25, 2002
    Ok...tried wiiflow which is working in the exact same way - a backup runs fine, if I come out of that game and try to load another it hangs.

5. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Oct 25, 2002
    Right! Sorted, it was the thumb drive. Cruiser 64. Tried another one and it works perfectly now.