USB Loader GX: Black screen and reset to main menu when attempting to load a GameCube game

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Honkinghard, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Honkinghard
    OP

Honkinghard Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    I have a 3TB hard drive with two partitions, one for Gamecube games and one for Wii games. I have Nintendont installed and use USB Loader GX as a loader.
    The Gamecube games appear in the games list in USB Loader GX as they should, however when I try to select one I get a black screen for a few seconds before it returns me to the main menu.

I stuck a couple Gamecube games on a thumb drive as a test to make sure it isn't my USB Loader GX/Nintendont settings that are messed up, and the game loaded just fine. I assume then it might have something to do with the fact that my drive is partitioned?

Any ideas?

Edit: After some messing around I've found that this will work if much easier if my Wii partition is first, and the Gamecube partition second. I will repartition my hard drive. (I'd delete this thread but I don't see a way to)

Last edited by Honkinghard, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    which USB Port did you plug the drive?
    which partitions position and format?

edit: oh, I see you edit.
    you should format one single FAT32 partition.
    why make a dedicated console per partition? if your partition is full and you have free space on the other, you won't be able to merge or use the other one.

I guess your Wii partition is not FAT32 if you say it works better with wii first, or else nintendont would use that first partition if it was compatible.
    Are you still using WBFS format for Wii games? or NTFS because you think FAT32 is not possible for Wii ?
    one single FAT32 is the best solution.
    or maybe your problem is formating a big FAT32 partition because windows don't allows you more than 32GB ? use this tool up to 16TB paritions : http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 20, 2018