Usb loader gx, and Wiiflow stopped working all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by FRNDly, Nov 4, 2016.

1. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Hey all, I've spent two days googling this, and I couldn't find an answer that helped anywhere so i just decided to post here.

Tuesday night I was playing games on wiiflow with friends, and things were working perfectly. Then on Wednesday I loaded up some new games on my usb, and tried to play them in wiiflow. The new games gave me a black screen with 1/4 of a loading bar, but what was weird was the old games that were stilll on there loaded perfectly. I tried reformatting the usb drive to fat 32... nothing... I tried three usb drives so far and none of them worked. The drives load up you can see the game covers, but the sound is either off or glitched, and when I load them they either freeze as soon as I click or take me to tbe black screen. The same thing also happened in usb loader gx. Things got worse when I made a dumb decision, and tried reinstalling cios222 because I didn't have any problems before I installed 249, so I thought that might be the problem. I don't know what happened but after that all I get is exception dsi occured errors or a pink and green glitch screen when loading from usb. I even tried the pimp my wii program, and it gave me a list of some problems, but as it was installing the new things it said failed, and I got another exception dsi occured error. I already tried modmii, and installed the wads, still nothing. Also I'm running ver 4.3 if that helps.

This is really weird because it was working for a whole month straight then out of nowhere it stopped.. please help.

Last edited by FRNDly, Nov 4, 2016

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    sounds like it might be an IOS 58 issue - try reinstalling the IOS using a wad manager if you can get into the HBC.

**IF YOU ARE USING vWII ON WII U DO NOT INSTALL AN IOS 58 for WII! YOU WILL BRICK**

If using vWii it has to be a vWii IOS and if using a Wii it has to be a Wii IOS.

3. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Alright I downloaded, and installed the wad for IOS 58, still nothing sadly. :(

4. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Also here is my syscheck if that helps.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by FRNDly, Nov 4, 2016
  5. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    try deleting and re-adding the files for the loader. if that fails, try changing the media its on - use another SD card or usb drive and try using SD and USB.

6. Zonta85

Zonta85 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2007
    Italy
    Ascoli Piceno
    Probably not related with the problem, but why he has two system IOS? He has a patched IOS 60 v6174 (maybe is modified for launching wads from SD menu) that is the system menu IOS for 4.0 and 4.1 (and it should be the v6400 stub version in system menu 4.2/4.3) then he has the correct IOS 80 (untouched ) for his system menu 4.3 U.

7. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    That doesn't matter. The system menu only needs its IOS to work, any others have no effect. I actually keep all system menu IOS installed just on the random chance I installed an older system menu by mistake (back in the days of fucking with IOS anyway lol)

Zonta85 likes this.
  8. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    I honestly think it might be something wrong with the SDHC card since I have so much random stuff on it. Anyhow I deleted both loaders, re added wiiflow, and updated usb loader gx since apparently I was using an old version.... Still nothing. I also downloaded Configurable USB loader and gave it a shot, but it stopped at IOS reload blocked... The homebrew browser is also giving me the error screen when I stay in it too long for some reason. I also tried another usb, and it still doesn't work. I don't think I have another SD card, but I'll take a look.

9. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    IOS249[56] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0.

mmmm,Try installing d2x v8 on them, v10 was a little unstable, or simplier, drop your syscheck to ModMii and Vuala! ;D

10. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Alright I reinstalled d2x v8, usb loader gx is still doing the same thing, and wiiflow won't even show a play button anymore lol. I have no clue what happend. I also still get Exception DSI Occured when in homebrew browser, and when I click on some games in usb loader. I'm going to try modmii again.

11. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Alright so modmii gave me a list of WADS to install:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    , but it only downloaded the first one into the WAD folder. Should I go look for the others?

12. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Did you scan the drive on your computer and see if it's corrupted? What format it is it and how do you add games to it?

13. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    I just scanned both usb drives in avast, and it said both are corrupted, and unreadable :( . Is there anything I can do about this? Also They're in FAT32, and I use WiiBackUpManager. I used to use WBFS Manager with no problems, but it won't even load on my computer anymore for some reason.

14. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Use EASEUS partition manager and re-format it.

15. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Alright I formatted it with the EaseUS partion master. The game I put on the usb drive didn't freeze when I clicked on it, but it still gave me a black screen when loading.. I really think it's something wrong with the cIOS or the SD card rather than the usb because I still get the dsi error without the usb even in.

16. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    try putting the app on USB and launching from there. its unlikely its your IOS if you used modmii

17. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    So I copied the app from the SD card into the usb drive in a folder titled "apps". I felt like this was going to work, but I couldn't even open the app. Maybe I set it up wrong?

18. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Install CFGLoader, and ascend to ULTRA. Seriously, it's like the A9LHax of USB loaders for the Wii. WiiFlow and USB Loader GX pale in comparison.

19. FRNDly
    OP

FRNDly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Also I wanted to mention that one of the WADs I got from modmii didn't install in multi mod manager, but installed in wad manager, and every time I use modmii that same wad downloads. It was the first one on the list.

20. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    you should have a structure like this:

USB:/apps/[some app name]/boot.dol

at the very least that will work.