Hacking USB Loader GX and region??

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright i have new question. after i format the drive im buying Verbatim 160 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive and will be using USB Loader GX. along with WBFS manager 3.0 or WBFS Intelligent GUI v6 dont know which ima use.
the tutorial in the topic for USB Loader GX it shows that it will format the drive. so the WBFS is just to add games to the drive? do i grab the game and throw it into the drives root or will a folder be created with WBFS that will allow that?? i dont need anything else to play any US and J games do i??

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iban88 said:
so after i install it. i DL a game i want or does it DL games and put it in my USB? You put them on manually
how do i put games on USB ? With a WBFS manager. The usb loader can also Rip the disc in the wii to USB
also whats the biggest size USB i can use to add games? Unlimited
and can i play J and PAL games ? Yes
i just finished hacking my wii
Put the egg thingies in your sig instead of posting them every time

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iban88 said:
so after i install it. i DL a game i want
correct, or use the wii's drive to rip the game if you already own or have rented/borrowed it.

iban88 said:
or does it DL games and put it in my USB?
download? no, it does not do that.

iban88 said:
how do i put games on USB ?

either rip them as i mentioned above, or d/l an iso from a torrent site, and use wbfs manager on your pc to transfer them to your drive.

QUOTE(iban88 @ Aug 25 2009, 12:27 PM) also whats the biggest size USB i can use to add games?

theres a compatibility list floating about, it mentions successful use on certain 1.5 tb drives.

QUOTE(iban88 @ Aug 25 2009, 12:27 PM)
and can i play J and PAL games ?

you can, by altering the specific game load setting, such as autopatch.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Google is your best friend
wink.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
here u go a whole list of different managers to choose from hope this helps

WBFS Managers

but a search wouldnt of been to hard.....

EDIT

thanks mr cool for the heads up lol, link edited

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you! but i dont really understand which one of those il need... im having another issue. why when i DL a game and i try to extract it it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged?? this is happening to all the games for the wii that im DL. whats wrong? how can i fix this issue?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iban88 said:
alright i have new question. after i format the drive im buying Verbatim 160 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive and will be using USB Loader GX. along with WBFS manager 3.0 or WBFS Intelligent GUI v6 dont know which ima use.
The tutorial in the topic for USB Loader GX it shows that it will format the drive. so the WBFS is just to add games to the drive? do i grab the game and throw it into the drives root or will a folder be created with WBFS that will allow that?? i dont need anything else to play any US and J games do i??
Although GX can format the drive to WBFS, it is reccomended to use the WBFS manager to do it (as they can as well). After you made a WBFS partition, the manager will automatically place the games there. WBFS can't be accessed by windows, so there are no folders or anything.

To play U or J games on a pal wii, It might be required to enable Force Pal50/60 in the settings of GX.

For more info about GX, read the readmii in my sig V

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha i dont really understand WBFS partition. or how the ISOs get put on the usb drive >_< also im using U wii not a pal

chillta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WBFS is a file system (things like FAT, NTFS, EXT)

You get your HDD and the isos of the games you want.
You start WBFS Manager, format the drive.
Than you can add the games with WBFS Manager.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with the ISO before i load them onto my HDD do i have to patch them or something? i keep reading things about patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?