Hacking USB Loader GX 3.0 not seeing HDD - Was working fine earlier in day

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am completely new to the world of wii backup loaders. I just set up the wii two days ago, used the letterbomb hack, and installed the homebrew channel and installed USB Loader GX 3.0 ..... Everything was working great until tonight. I am using a western digital mybook 750gb external HDD and have always had to plug it in after I start USB loader GX, otherwise it freezes up every single time. Even this has worked great for me, up until tonight. I noticed after I started up the wii, I had a new message. I went to check it and it was from nintendo telling me there was an update that I could install and to click the bottom right button to install it. I knew better than to do any updates, so I ignored the update and went to start the USB loader channel, in which I could not get it to load from my HDD. Once the 20 second countdown timer started, from looking for the hdd, I plugged in the external drive as always and as soon as it "saw" the drive plugged in, it stopped the countdown timer and freezes up. If I let it sit long enough, the countdown timer jumps to -43 or -42 typically and then goes to a error message in USB loader saying it could not find the drive. Any ideas on what is going on here? it was working fine, I did NOT update it, and now it will not see my drive at all. I have plugged up the hdd to my PC and I see the NTFS drive fine with the wbfs file folder on the only partition drive letter. I have also tried to put a wfbs backup game on a flash drive and try it in the wii, still get the same results. I then went as far as to completely redo the entire process of softmodding the wii, still get the same results. I just don't understand why it worked fine for a few days, then tonight it will not see the drive what so ever. I have tried multiple time, but same results each time.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it used to work and stopped, it could be the loader's settings maybe?
Did you at least delete the config file? (or better fully delete the usbloaderGX folder)

You said you are using USBloaderGX 3.0, but it's not the latest version (it's only the latest official release).
Try updating to r1209 (or r1211, but ntfs could result in black screen when loading games. I'll update soon again)

You said you re-softmodded your Wii.
Which guide did you used? modmii?

Which cIOS version and base did you used?
the latest d2x v10 has two different version : v10 and v10-alt
both have different result with HDD compatibility.

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice to check the loader settings. I went into "Loader Settings" and then went down to "Boot/Standard" and changed it from IOS 249 to IOS 246 and now it works fine again. So strange how that got changed after it was working fine and the system was powered off in between. Anyways, I have it working and that is all that matters. Thank you so much for all your help.

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I apparently still have the issue going. I was able to sucessfully get it going earlier by the above change, but after testing it, going out for dinner and coming back to test it again...I am left with the exact same issue all over again. I went back to check the loader settings again, but that has not changed from IOS 246. Any ideas on what else to check? I really don't understand how it works great, then after shutting down the wii, coming back a few hours later, it freezes up while looking for the HDD.

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOLLOW UP: To those who may look at this thread to help resolve a similar problem. I believe it may be an issue with my Western Digital MyBook 750GB hdd. After multiple troubleshooting, I finally unplugged the power going to my HDD and waited until USB Loader GX began looking for the HDD before hooking back up and I was able to get it to work. I will play around with it more to verify issue. I already have a Buffalo external 1TB drive coming, I hope that fixes it all.

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
my external harddrive didnt work with usb loader gx either, but it did work with configurable usb loader and wiiflow, so you migth want to try those.

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my new buffalo HDD in and so far everything is working perfectly. I blame the western digital for all of my troubles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most...