Hacking USB Loader GX 2 of the same games (one moded)

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
If the one slightly modded uses a different ID than the original, sure. If they share the same ID one will overwrite the other savefile (I think the Games ID is what determines the save ID, I could be wrong).

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the game I think. I have two copies of Mario Kart Wii, one modded (MINE01) and one not (RMCE01) yet they share a save file. However my nsmb hacks each have seperate saves.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use USBLoaderGX to defined a different (and custom) GameID to your game before adding the second ISO or wbfs to your HDD.

1. Settings > GUI > Display : Both
2. Go to List layout (the first layout of the loader, with cover on the left and game names listed on the right)
3. Click on the GameID bellow the games Cover you want to modify and enter a new GameID.

you can now install another copy of the same game, both games will be listed at the same time.
You can rename the game Title if you want to add "modded" or anything else.

1. Settings > GUI > Window mode : Rotating disc
2. Click on a game to open the rotating disc
3. click on the name at the top of the rotating disc window to edit the Title.

If you use an existing gameID, and if you use GameTDB renaming feature, your title could be replaced by the existing title in the database.
There's a cache feature you can enable or disable for game Titles. If the cache is enabled, it will store your edited title in the cache.bin file and will use it instead of gameTDB title.

For save files, it depends on games, if the path is hardcoded in the game or using the game's header gameID.

I started a "allow duplicated game" feature when I worked on gameCube multiDisc, but I reverted all changes as it was harder than I thought. But if I have time I will try to make a nice implementation to have multiple games with the same ID listed in the loader. (I wanted to make a single game listed, and a menu selection to select the modded version)

minedud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use USBLoaderGX to defined a different (and custom) GameID to your game before adding the second ISO or wbfs to your HDD.

1. Settings > GUI > Display : Both
2. Go to List layout (the first layout of the loader, with cover on the left and game names listed on the right)
3. Click on the GameID bellow the games Cover you want to modify and enter a new GameID.

you can now install another copy of the same game, both games will be listed at the same time.
You can rename the game Title if you want to add "modded" or anything else.

1. Settings > GUI > Window mode : Rotating disc
2. Click on a game to open the rotating disc
3. click on the name at the top of the rotating disc window to edit the Title.

If you use an existing gameID, and if you use GameTDB renaming feature, your title could be replaced by the existing title in the database.
There's a cache feature you can enable or disable for game Titles. If the cache is enabled, it will store your edited title in the cache.bin file and will use it instead of gameTDB title.

For save files, it depends on games, if the path is hardcoded in the game or using the game's header gameID.

I started a "allow duplicated game" feature when I worked on gameCube multiDisc, but I reverted all changes as it was harder than I thought. But if I have time I will try to make a nice implementation to have multiple games with the same ID listed in the loader. (I wanted to make a single game listed, and a menu selection to select the modded version)

what if you just change the GameID of the modded game

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you bumped a 2013 thread to ask an obvious question ?
what if you use a different gameID ... well, then it'll be a different gameID. Of course it'll not be a problem with the loader because .... it's not the same gameID so it's not seen as the same game !
that's all the purpose of gameID : not being the same game (ID)!

Last edited by Cyan,

minedud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you bumped a 2013 thread to ask an obvious question ?
what if you use a different gameID ... well, then it'll be a different gameID. Of course it'll not be a problem with the loader because .... it's not the same gameID so it's not seen as the same game !
that's all the purpose of gameID : not being the same game (ID)!

Ok thx but I can’t mod super smash bro’s cus I don’t have the right iso but here’s why I was trying to mod the iso because ocrena stopped working for me I was playing a super smash bro’s mod with a lot of characters but I turned off ocrena to change something in the normal version of the game then ocrena stoped working it dose not detect the hack no more what do I do?

minedud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx but I can’t mod super smash bro’s cus I don’t have the right iso but here’s why I was trying to mod the iso because ocrena stopped working for me I was playing a super smash bro’s mod with a lot of characters but I turned off ocrena to change something in the normal version of the game then ocrena stoped working it dose not detect the hack no more what do I do?

Also I redownloaded the mod 3 times no luck redownloaded USBLoaderGX still not working (when I turn on ocrena) so what do I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse