Hacking USB Loader features ?

FNK1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

First, thanks all for your works about loaders and wbfs tools.

I'd like to know if WBFS supports or will support folder because I will like classified my games by folder (with folder named as Adventure, Fight, Sports ...)
And in the loader it would be great to have of the top ,(coverflow style or classical) smal icon representing the category (or folder icon with name)

So it will be easier to find a game when the HDD is full or contains many games
rolleyes.gif

I don't have any idea about
- how to make it,
- if it's possible or not
- if category must be hard coded to simplify the 'coding' top of the loader instead of listed folder, it only scan folders named Sports, Action, Adventure, Shoot, Race .. (example
smile.gif
)

What do you think about that ?

PS : I really don't know in which topic I had to post due the many loader released so I decided to created a new one
wacko.gif

acecube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think that this could be integrated very easy. for example the titles.txt could be appendixed by genre and other additional informations. but time will tell.
patience is the keyword.

Eddieh1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To have folder browsing, you wouldn't need to have actual "folders" on the hard drive itself. You could just have the usb-loader assign a specific game into a "category" and organize your games that way. Example:

Super Mario Galaxy -- > (sub menu) --- > assign game to category ---- > adventure
................................................................add to favorites ...................................fighting
.................................................................create new category ...........................role playing
................................................................. delete.................................................shooter
................................................................................

If you are worried about the hard drive taking too long to load games from one folder, the usbloader could just have a text document that lists every game, so that way the usbloader can load up the text document at startup instead of scanning the entire hard drive every time. Whenever a new game is installed or deleted, the usbloader will rewrite the text document that keeps the list. If you install a game via PC and it's not on the list, implement a "refresh" button so you can manually scan the hard drive for new games.

Overall, there is no need to make changes to the WBFS hard drive itself, all it takes is a little ingenuity on the programmers side.

On a side note, a feature I would like to see implemented next is a screen saver or screen dimmer while games are installing from the wii dvd drive. Some games can take a while to install, and I end up having to turn off my tv while games are installing to prevent my screen from burning in. Gotta love those bright white backgrounds! :
cool.gif
:

FNK1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You right

I don't think about the txt file because I only use USB Loader 1.0 by Waninkoko (all my games are working so I don't see why upgrade it).

I'm not coding any loader (what is the language used ?) so if any coders read this ...
wink.gif

Could it be possible to make a loader with category's list on the top and below, a list game of the category chosen on a side, and cover on the other side. (or coverflow).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse