USB loader can't read my Sandisk 4 GB Mini Cruzer

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tdmurphy, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009
  1. tdmurphy
    OP

Newcomer tdmurphy Newbie

United States
    I'm having trouble getting this supposedly compatible flash drive to work. I have USB Loader GX installed on my Wii, and I believe I installed it and the CIOS correctly. To test it, I plugged in my main external hard drive and USB Loader GX recognized it right away. However, I want to use the Sandisk 4 GB Mini Cruzer flash drive that I have to load games off of, but USB Loader GX just freezes when it is plugged into the Wii. According to the compatibility list, 5 people have confirmed that this flash drive should work with the loaders, so long as you "Delete Launchpad partition. This should allow ALL cruzer micros to work." I used the proper Sandisk software to delete the Launchpad partition, as it suggests, and I have tried formatting the drive different ways, but each time it just freezes the loader. I tried it formatted as FAT 32, and I then I tried it formatted as WBFS by using WBFS Manager, but still the loader freezes and I have to unplug the Wii to shut it down. I have also tried using Waninkoko's USB Loader, and it just doesn't say anything for a long time and eventually gives a -1 error.
    Can anyone think of what might be wrong? I feel like the flash drive should be compatible since so many people have got it working, but I feel as though I've done everything right. Is there any other way I could try formatting it that might help?

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Which cIOS rev are you using? I recommend rev10 unless you just have to play Indiana Jones or Ghostbusters (rev13a). If you are using a newer rev, try plugging your drive in the other USB slot (bottom slot when Wii is laying flat). You can try using Compuapps Swissknife (free program) to delete all partitions, and then create 1 primary FAT32 partition. WBFS Manager 3.0 is the program to use, so you got that part right.

Hope that helps in some way. (ps. you can hold the power button down to power off the Wii, instead of wearing out the plug in the back)

3. rirawin

Newcomer rirawin Member

United States
    Have a similar issue how do I change cIOS rev?.