USB Loader&Brawl+ Codesets

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kleiner, Jul 3, 2009.

Jul 3, 2009

USB Loader&Brawl+ Codesets by Kleiner at 11:03 PM (1,729 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Kleiner
    OP

Newcomer Kleiner Member

United States
    So, i know that USB loaders are capable of loading codesets just by enabling Ocarina through the loader.

However, Brawl+ codesets seem to be unable to be loaded through this manner (the game just refuses to load). Brawl+ is easily the most hacked Wii game currently available, and as an Avid brawl tourney player I want to be able to keep up with Brawl+ as well as the newly released BBrawl. This really wouldn't be an issue, but my Disc is currently on the sout hside of texas right now, and short of giving my friend the money to fedex it to me, i have no disc.
    Has there been any advancements on this, or am i just too stupid to make it work? lol

2. boxstar99

Newcomer boxstar99 Member

United States
    Brawl+ needs Gecko 1.9 (closed source) to bypass the 256-line code limit. USB loaders can only use Ocarina (Gecko 1.07). You can try to use the double GCT method or snapshot loading method to load the extra codes, but they don't work with SDHC, since Brawl only supports SD cards. They also don't work with the latest Brawl+ codesets.

Or help us ask experienced coders to find a way to bypass the 256-line limit in the 1.07 source, since I don't see 1.9 going open source anytime soon. That way, we can get Brawl+ working w/ USB.

3. Seraphilol

Newcomer Seraphilol Newbie

United States
    I was actually about to ask a similar question myself, I was wondering if there was a backup loader without the 256 line limit.

I recently wore my brawl disc out, and had to rely on my backup for the first time, only to discover that the code limit disallows me from playing Brawl+. I'm borrowing my girlfriend's copy atm, however.

Also, prior to 1.9, there were a few modded versions of 1.07 that had the code limit removed, I'll see if I can find one that was open source.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Gecko OS 1.07b is licensed under GPL, so if the mod not from Nuke himself, not releasing the source is illegal. If you provide me with a link to an open source loader without the limit, i think i can integrate it into NeoGamma.

5. Kleiner
    OP

Newcomer Kleiner Member

United States
    Well, that explains it. I was wondering why USB loaders called it Ocarina still. Thanks for all the information, here's to hoping this eventually gets worked around.

6. Seraphilol

Newcomer Seraphilol Newbie

United States
    My apologies. Someone on Smashboards had intended originally to mode GeckoOS, however, it was never completed, as a simpler method (Dual .Gct's, Snapshots, etc.) were discovered.

Also, Neogamma is my current preference of USB loader (It's one of the two loaders that recognizes my HDD, and the more simple, less flashy of the two. Much appreciated.), and I would imagine that you could certainly figure out how to remove the code limit eventually. I'll see if I can find the Ocarina module in the 1.07b source code, and see what I can do (Which, admittedly, may not be much).

7. wiiztec

Member wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Explain how the double gct method and snapshot loading don't work with the latest Brawl+ codeset

I doubt there could be any way to make those not work

8. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    As boxstar said, the double GCT method and snapshot method both work fine for USB or Backup loader of any kind. If you're using a SDHC card, then there's not much you can do without a retail disc.

9. wiiztec

Member wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From his wording as I understand he was saying that the double GCT and snapshot methods don't work with SDHC and ALSO don't work with the latest Brawl+ codeset

10. boxstar99

Newcomer boxstar99 Member

United States
    code overlap, though there are some ways to get around this, but it involves coming up with alternatives for specific codes

and no, SDHC doesn't work with these methods as they utilize the Brawl engine to load the additional codes / snapshots. Brawl only supports SD

11. phillyrider807

Member phillyrider807 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    only way to get brawl+ working with usb loader is through snapshots. I hope someone can find a way to bypass the 256 limit with usb loader.