Hardware USB Keyboard

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
2,835
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
England land
XP
148
Country
Yes, the Opera Channel has always supported it.

(actually the beta didn't support it
tongue.gif
)
 

link459

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
353
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
136
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
Yes, the Opera Channel has always supported it.

(actually the beta didn't support it
tongue.gif
)

Wasn't the Message Board of the Wii the only place you could use a USB keyboard?

Wow... if not, I've been wasting a lot of time.
 

Richy Freeway

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
777
Trophies
0
XP
1,340
Country
I've got a logitech wireless keyboard that works fine in the message board and browser.

I switch it between my Wii and my 360 when I need it.
 

Prime

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
3,663
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Under your bed
Website
Visit site
XP
501
Country
Richy Freeway said:
I've got a logitech wireless keyboard that works fine in the message board and browser.

I switch it between my Wii and my 360 when I need it.

Wireless? it works with the wii?

(When you use the keyboard for the 360 does it work with the msn on the 360?)
 

Richy Freeway

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
777
Trophies
0
XP
1,340
Country
Yeah, it's a logitech EX110.

I've not tried it in msn on the 360, but it worked fine when I had to enter my credit card details etc. I can't see any reason for it not working in everything else.
 

TaMs

Randomizer
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,129
Trophies
0
Age
31
XP
330
Country
Finland
usb keyboard works with internet channel, shopping channel and when writing wii mail messages or what they are called.
 

Richy Freeway

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
777
Trophies
0
XP
1,340
Country
No problem.

I should probably point out that you still need to plug the keyboards wireless receiver into the Wii, it doesn't just work on its own.
 

Razo

New Member
Newbie
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
1
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
Yeah, it's a logitech EX110.

I've not tried it in msn on the 360, but it worked fine when I had to enter my credit card details etc. I can't see any reason for it not working in everything else.
Just to let you know, I've not found anything you can't use a USB keyboard with when it comes to typing in (MSN, messages, redeem codes etc, etc)
you cant use it for games out of the box
frown.gif
but there is an adaptor that lets you map a USB keyboard and mouse to controller inputs allowing you to do so, thou i haven't got one so i cant say how well it works.
as for compat issues, as long as the USB keyboard works under windows without "extra" drivers (as in not using the HUD Driver) you should be fine. I've only tested it on 3 usb keyboards (1 logitech wireless, 2 unbranded wired) but all worked fine.
 

Prime

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
3,663
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Under your bed
Website
Visit site
XP
501
Country
Razo said:
Richy Freeway said:
Yeah, it's a logitech EX110.

I've not tried it in msn on the 360, but it worked fine when I had to enter my credit card details etc. I can't see any reason for it not working in everything else.

Just to let you know, I've not found anything you can't use a USB keyboard with when it comes to typing in (MSN, messages, redeem codes etc, etc)

Dam it. I was only going to get the keyboard if it could work with 360's msn.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I would Photoshop movie stars kissing donkey balls lol