Hacking USB Keyboard not working in AC:CF (USBLoaderGX)

Shano56

noobie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had Animal Crossing City Folk for over a year, recently, due to a noisy disc drive, I backed up my game to a thumb drive. It's been working pretty good, untill the other day. I updated the USBLoaderGX to the most recent revision (I think I did anyway) And that screwed up the loader. I couldn't find out what was wrong, so I reset my NAND to about a month back. I reinstalled HBC, ran pimpmywii 1.40 and cIOSx rev19 to install cIOS 38 (I think I installed cIOS 13 or something like that because I saw on a forum post that may relate to my problem). I was still experiencing problems, so I went back to my computer, and happened to have an SD backup of the old USBLoader rev. I used that and it worked. Only problem now is for some reason my USB Keyboard won't work in my Animal Crossing game anymore. I haven't ran the disc from the disc channel because, but I may go do that right now to see if it works. I'm only assuming it's the USB Loader though. Maybe it's just a silly setting I overlooked. Maybe I did something wrong. I could always just reinstall my NAND and start it again.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DeadlyFoez said:
I would almost suspect that you might not have the updated IOS38 for AC. Use dop-mii (dop-ios) and install the latest version.
Normal IOSes don't matter for USB Loaders. You could remove all IOSes except 222/249 and the one SM/HBC/Priiloader uses and all games would still work from USB/Backup disc.

Shano56

noobie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
try using a different cIOS to launch the game... a cIOS with a IOS37 base wad works for most peripherals (like guitars) so it should work for your keyboard

Okay thank you, i'll try that. Do you know why it worked for me to use the default cIOS before, but not now?

Shano56

noobie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
could be a bad rip of the game

what base wad did u use?

that's actually a good possiblility, I don't remember the base. I'll try re-ripping it, is there a recommended base?

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Apr 29 2010, 04:39 PM) Are you playing this game from disc or usb hard drive. If you're doing it from disc then try pluggin in your keyboard into the other USB port. Your keyboard also might not be compatible for whatever reason.

I'm loading it from my USB thumb drive, but the thumb drive needs to be in the specific slot for it to be read by the loader. it's weird though, because before I re-installed the IOS's and stuff, it worked fine with the same setup I have it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head