Hardware USB headset too loud at lower levels

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a friend of mine recently got me a Rosewill RHTS-8206 headset as a belated Christmas present, if you will. Sound quality is pretty darn amazing for a $50 product, however, I don't know if it's a hardware limitation, or a problem with Windows 7 itself, but, there seems to be an odd issue with the volumes in the control panel. When I first tried the headset, it was way too loud and I had to turn it down to 25/100, and even then, it sounds way too loud for many things. Is there anything I can do to make the volume the max volume it should be without ruining my eardrums or the headphones? I tried to lower the headset volume while raising the in-program volume to max (like Windows Media Player), but that creates distortion, so, I can't have low hardware volume and high app volume.

What should I do, is there anything I can do at all to have higher volume without ruining something?

Disclaimer: Please no Lavender Town :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then try it on something else.
Also, lavender town music.

*Sigh* No, just...no....I need real help with this lol. What would something else be? I'm talking about the volumes in the control panel on Windows 7 and the USB headset software it came with. Even at 20-25, most things sound too loud.:P

Edit: Kelton2 I take it I'm screwed?

Reactions: Kelton2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.