USB HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JuggaletteENJ, Sep 4, 2009.

Sep 4, 2009

USB HDD by JuggaletteENJ at 4:36 AM (930 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

Member JuggaletteENJ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but after spending over an hour looking for my answer and not finding it, I'm going cross eyed! I have moded my wii and my friend's wii to load games off of a external hard drive. My wii works great with it. I was able to rip my games on the Hard drive so that I had legal backups, and I love it. I got my friend the same Hard drive and loaded the same programs (they already had a soft mod, so I loaded the CIOS rev 14 and USB Loader GX) and plugged in the Hard drive....it worked once, showed their games and now...nothing. When they load USB LOADER the get something that says "Waiting for your slow USB...etc"

My problem is that it DID work once, so I had to do something right...I tried everything, reinstalling, switching USB ports, turning the HDD off and on, unplugging and replugging, etc. I can't find a solution anywhere, and this is frustrating, considering my wii that has the SAME HDD works great. I'm new to all of this, and had help modding my wii....maybe I did something wrong? IDK...any help is appreciated.

I did make a back up of each of our wii's....just in case.

Thanks all!

2. cheatmaster5

Member cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had this Problem once.
    My drive was sent as a logic drive but when I changed it to a primary drive it fixed the Problem.
    use EASEUS Partition Magic Its free just google it and set the drive to primary

3. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I had this problem once in GX and I decided to dump the app. Try Configurable USB Loader and see if the drive detects.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Did you try the hard drive on your wii?

Maybe the hard drive went bad.Sounds crazy after just one use but it happens.

5. Spidy1000

Member Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    also make sure the USB drive is connected to the correct usb port, port closest to the edge off the wii (or bottom port if lying down).
    If the drive has 2 partitions make sure all partitions are primary and that the wbft drive is the second partition. If you formatted the drive using a loader, i would advise you to use WBFS manager 3.01 instead as it is more compatible, do a quick format to NTFS before formatting to WBFS

6. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

Member JuggaletteENJ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks guys. We pluged in my HDD on their wii to see if that was teh problem and mine worked, so then we pluged theirs back in and now it works.....hopefully it will keep working.