Status
Not open for further replies.

(USB HDD Update!) TX Anounces SX AUTOLOADER v1.10 from Team [WAIN]

Team [WAIN] is back with a quick update to their SX Autoloader release!
SXAL2.png

We have not heard from Team [WAIN] for a while, and today they dropped a bomb-shell of an add-on to SX OS, a simple little file that adds a much needed feature, 'auto-loading' of all your backup cartridges, no more hunting thru lots of icons to find a game and mounting it just click on the Game Icon you want to play right now and magically the cartridge will be inserted for you, its like having a multi-CD-changer attached to your Switch console! :)
Thanks to their friends at Team [WAIN] they have released an small 'add-on' to their SX OS v2.9.2 which allows you to 'auto-load', what that means now you just find the game you have previously played on your Horizon Home Screen, click on it, and even if it is a dumped cartridge in XCI format, as long as you still have the files on your Micro SD-Card and/or USB HDD, it will now auto-mount the cartridge backup for you and launch it, no more getting upset seeing the 'insert the game card' message, then having to go to Album, launch via their SX OS menu, scroll-over and find the game, and mount it and go back.

As long as you have at least mounted your XCI image once via their SX OS menu, now you can just simply click on a XCI Game Icon and it will Auto-Mount and Launch for you directly from the Horizon Home Screen. Is that not amazing! :)
NEW RELEASE: (Nov. 2th, 2019)
Changelog v1.1
  • Added USB HDD Support
  • Improved XCI detection
  • Database caching for speed
NOTE: If you have large XCI collection on your USB HDD, first time usage may take a couple of minutes for the database to be built.
IMPORTANT: If you get an Error Code on boot-up, then it means your SD Card has corruption on it, please re-format it and start fresh.
As usual, you can find their latest version of SX Autoloader in the TX Community Resources section, just unpack the new version overwriting the previous files.

To see it in action check out this video below:

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: updated post with v1.1 changelog

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
@garyopa why have they moved version 2.9.2 to a stable only release when quite clearly there is still issues revolving around a linked nintendo account on two consoles and turning off stealth mode for online use on xci back ups?

Last edited by Reecey,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
@garyopa why have they moved version 2.9.2 to a stable only release when quite clearly there is still issues revolving around a linked nintendo account on two consoles and turning off stealth mode for online use on xci back ups?

From what i gather is that all focus is on 3.0 and that will be the new beta, they know of all the reported bugs and are working on them, and the last stable was 2.5.3 which is very old didn't even support firmware 7.0, so i doubt there was really anyone still using the old stable series, it was getting confusing also always having two different releases on page, i think from now on it will just be one release, but not sure, we will have to wait and see.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
From what i gather is that all focus is on 3.0 and that will be the new beta, they know of all the reported bugs and are working on them, and the last stable was 2.5.3 which is very old didn't even support firmware 7.0, so i doubt there was really anyone still using the old stable series, it was getting confusing also always having two different releases on page, i think from now on it will just be one release, but not sure, we will have to wait and see.
Ok thanks I see, yes it make sense now to release 2.9.2 for the time being, 2.5.3 was very old agreed. Is the autoloader ok to use on a non-banned console I see it uses sxos/titles... as its path? apart from that this is a brilliant idea a well appreciated add on I may add!

Last edited by Reecey,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
cool should be a welcome addition for TXOS users, basically makes xci usage pretty much on par with using nsp if i'm understanding it correctly.

that is correct. and once support for usb hdd added, it will be great, but for those with micro sdcards with just XCI's on it, it makes it simple.

And in pre-testing before launch, all forms of XCI's were tested, split, custom, dumped, fat32, exfat, and different unusual filenames, and various folders, depending on speed of your micro sdcard and amount of xci's on it, you should not have to wait more than 3 seconds on the 'insert game card' screen as it scans, finds, and mounts, launches the cartridge for you.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cool should be a welcome addition for TXOS users, basically makes xci usage pretty much on par with using nsp if i'm understanding it correctly.
tbh it makes it superior! Not only it acts like an nsp but you don't need to have the drawbacks of an nsp... longer install times

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sure, but this happens in every. single. thread. Presumably because a line has never been drawn. Are there not rules against trolling? Against off-topic posts? I'm not saying you should "act as a defense for any one side", but there's zero reason why these off topic spammy posts should continue to be allowed and ignored every single time we have a thread even tangibly related to TX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Funny enough, most threads are filled with "So salty" "lol tx wins" stuff than actually proper discussion. If it goes nuts we will just probably just lock said people out of said topic.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for cleaning, I really appreciate that. It sets a good precedent for keeping things on topic, and trolls at bay.

So, back on-topic, I've been trying to understand what this update does... can someone explain what it "makes better" than the previous updates? Maybe I'm dumb idk.

Reactions: gizmomelb

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Gary come back home, we miss you.

Where is 'home' ????

In the meantime, forgot to add this cool video made earlier showing how smooth it works:

To see it in action check out this video below:

Enjoy, where-ever your home is!

And Happy Halloween, no tricks today, just treats! :)

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for cleaning, I really appreciate that. It sets a good precedent for keeping things on topic, and trolls at bay.

So, back on-topic, I've been trying to understand what this update does... can someone explain what it "makes better" than the previous updates? Maybe I'm dumb idk.
So if you use .xci files, previously, you would have to load them by going to the SX OS menu under 'albums' on the home screen, finding the game, clicking it, and then select the game again from the home screen to launch. Now, as long as you've loaded and launched it this way once before, you can simply load and launch the game by selecting it from the home screen, without any of those extra steps.

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if you use .xci files, previously, you would have to load them by going to the SX OS menu under 'albums' on the home screen, finding the game, clicking it, and then select the game again from the home screen to launch. Now, as long as you've loaded and launched it this way once before, you can simply load and launch the game by selecting it from the home screen, without any of those extra steps.
Wait... seriously?! This is so cool! So it's kind of like PSP's thing where it would load it in the "USD" (or whatever it was called ha) slot? Like emulate a cartridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs