Hacking Usb/hdd advice needed

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok I recently bought a wii fo nostalgia purposes modded it with hbc and d2x installer got v53 on ios 250 v52 on iOS 249 I bought a sd card and usb which turned out the usb can’t be used with any bootloader as every time I press the game I get black screen I have updated my wii fully with modmii and syscheck also installed additional wads then done syscheck and ran it in modmii so I know everything is up to date and the game wbfs flies work caus I can boot the games on wiiflow on my sd card so I’m on my way to buy a new usb or hdd and wondering if there is anything I should loook specifically for sorry for being a noob just don’t want to waste money on another hard drive/disk and get home for it not to work again

Last edited by 3smoke,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
why do ppl use the term usb for everything?
Do you mean a usb fan, usb lamp, usn charger, usb wireless mouse adapter, .... (the list can go on and on)

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why do ppl use the term usb for everything?
Do you mean a usb fan, usb lamp, usn charger, usb wireless mouse adapter, .... (the list can go on and on)
Well if it wasn’t a obvious as to what type of usb drive I was referring there’s no need to reply thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

O and I case any one needs a HDD I bought a 320GB Toshiba works a treat games load instant and didn’t need to do nothing but format and plug and play

HDD:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004UGUVU4?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
Sata to usb: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B011M8YACM?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
lol, if you still can't tell the difference between a USB, a flash drive, a mobile/external hdd and an internal hdd then why all this fuss in updating the compatibility list?

If you are not providing adequate/accurate information in the first place, how do you expect adequate/accurate quick responses?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
USB = HDD 2'5 , HDD 3'5 , FlashDrive or Stick , SDCard Reader , pizza , MicroSD Card Reader , Mug Warmer , chicken nuggets , Fan , Light , Charger , Speaker , Massager , Hub , McFlurry.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: 3smoke

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
USB = HDD 2'5 , HDD 3'5 , FlashDrive or Stick , SDCard Reader , pizza , MicroSD Card Reader , Mug Warmer , chicken nuggets , Fan , Light , Charger , Speaker , Massager , Hub , McFlurry.
This is what I meant by usb so if I can get the relevant advice to get these usbs pm me

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@3smoke So you would like a McFlurry , Chicken Nuggets and Pizza lol

I would go for USB External HDD 3'5 Personally but 2'5 is good but you need the additional Y Cable for the extra Power. USB Sticks may have issues.

I have a 1TB 3'5 with WiiU/GC/DS and a seperate 300GB for my Wii Games so I can use Cheats or Mods but you can install Wii Games on the WiiU Drive if you wanted just like GC/DS/WiiU.

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@3smoke So you would like a McFlurry , Chicken Nuggets and Pizza lol

I would go for USB External HDD 3'5 Personally but 2'5 is good but you need the additional Y Cable for the extra Power. USB Sticks may have issues.

I have a 1TB 3'5 with WiiU/GC/DS and a seperate 300GB for my Wii Games so I can use Cheats or Mods but you can install Wii Games on the WiiU Drive if you wanted just like GC/DS/WiiU.
Yh I forgot to mention I bought my HDD couple days back with amazon prime it’s a 2.5” HDD 320GB with a Sata to usb and is working perfect straight out of the box formatted to Fat32 and put all games on and loading perfect load time near instant
Here’s links cost me £25 roughly
HDD:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004UGUVU4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Sata to usb: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B011M8YACM?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: CORE

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
phineas and ferb LOL ... It possible it requires a certain IOS to Boot or in most cases it the Video Mode dont force Progressive or Widescreen and if PAL enable PAL50 Patch. Have Video for Title as Disc Default.

3smoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
phineas and ferb LOL ... It possible it requires a certain IOS to Boot or in most cases it the Video Mode dont force Progressive or Widescreen and if PAL enable PAL50 Patch. Have Video for Title as Disc Default.
That’s all a bit much for phineas I jus deleted him and exited Wiiflow slapped mkw in and loaded ctgp lol

Reactions: CORE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: