Hacking Usb harddrive not found???

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have a hacked wii, with backup loaders cheats, and a usb harddrive partioned with FAT32 and WBFS. I used the Complete Softmod guide to modify my wii to 4.2, quite a while ago, my usb harddrive works on my wii. Just today I modified my friend's wii with the guide, and I noticed a change a little, particularily ios's installed as well as the download links from the email. Everything worked fine except USB Loader GX does not recognize the drive, asking me to use cIOS 249 or cIOS 222, I tried both, both usb ports, with no success. Did the guide cut out the cios's needed for usb loading for quicker download or copyright threats? Someone plz tell me how to fix the harddrive to be detected by my friends wii.

SHORT VERSION: My usb harddrive that works on my wii doesn't work on my friends wii. I modified my wii quite a bit before my friend's wii and I think the ios's installed are different because the guide changed. Can someone tell me if some IOS's are needed that aren't in the guide for loading games from a usb harddrive?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
To get your friends wii up to date, just use ModMii and tell it that the vii is a virgin and follow the steps exactly. If things still don't work after that then come back and tell us. At least then we will know exactly what is installed on the wii and we can more easily determine it down to being a hard drive incompatibility or some other strange issue.

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fishaman P said:
Some hard drives are incompatible. Check a list.

EDIT: Ditch USB Loader GX. It's outdated by 6 months +. Use Configurable USB Loader.

QUOTEMy usb harddrive that works on my wii doesn't work on my friends wii.
please read...

Just say which IOS I need for usb loading on a 4.2U wii

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Andriko said:
please read...

Just say which IOS I need for usb loading on a 4.2U wii
QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Jan 1 2011, 10:44 PM) To get your friends wii up to date, just use ModMii and tell it that the vii is a virgin and follow the steps exactly. If things still don't work after that then come back and tell us. At least then we will know exactly what is installed on the wii and we can more easily determine it down to being a hard drive incompatibility or some other strange issue.
Do like I said. Lets get your buddies wii up to date first and make sure that there is nothing outdated that is hindering this issue.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Andriko said:
IT IS UP TO DATE. LIKE I SAID READ GODDAMMIT
Wow dude. Not cool. You just lost any ambition from me to help you. Good luck.

And no. You said that you used a guide yesterday. You never said which guide whether it is the newest one or some old one that you are used to. But what you certainly did not do is say that you used Modmii which is what I am recommending you to do.

If you want help then confirm that you have done exactly as people are requesting you to do and not be a jerk over a failure of miscommunication on your part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: