USB GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Matisfaction, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

USB GX by Matisfaction at 1:45 PM (850 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. Matisfaction
    OP

Newcomer Matisfaction Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've been using USB Loader GX for a few weeks now, took me a while to set up, but it was well worth it in the end.

Just one thing, when I first set GX up everything appeared fine, I tested it out on my 1TB Buffalo Drivestation (1TB HD-CE1.0TU2) USB 2.0 72000rpm, and everything seemed fine for a bit but with more testing I did notice lag on a few games that I was playing, most noticeably PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER '09.

The Buffalo has an energy saving feature and spins down when not in use, so I just thought it was the drive itself and proceeded to buy a Sumvision 2.5' portable enclosure SATA to USB 2.0 (with Dual USB lead) with a 120GB 54000rpm SATA Hitachi drive installed and I get the same kind of deal but a bit more frequent than the buffalo, lots of lag when things get busy onscreen... I'm wondering if this is the drive or the software?

I'm using

cIOS 249 (Rev 9)
    USB Loader GX rev 596
    Wii is updated to 4.1? (most recent)

I've used cIOS rev 10 - 12 - 13a/b, but Rev 9 and USB loader GX rev 596 give me the best results for Pro Evo and MOH2 so I've just kept that. but I still get the same lag factor.

I've only updated as far as USB loader GX rev 630 before I went back to rev 596.

Do I just need another HD? if so I've read a few posts and the Verbatim 1TB seems like a popular choice.