USB games will load - channels linked to them not so much....

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by westcoastloc, Aug 11, 2009.

1. westcoastloc
    OP

Newcomer westcoastloc Newbie

United States
    I have a 4.1 softmodded Wii with IOS 249. I use LoadStructor 1.7 to make wads for my USB backups. I can always make them and install them but they only work for a little and then stop (most of them) I use USB loader GX to rip the games. It makes no sense. I have to uninstall and reinstall using wad manager 1.4 many times a day. The games load fine in GX or NeoGamma so I know they are installing correctly on my HD. But when I try to launch from the official nintendo menu it says its loading the game then nothing happens and I have to unplug the wii. I tried to install IOS 222 but that made all my games not work so I reinstalled IOS 249. I would use Yaulct (this channel loaded but i got error 002) but there is no Error 2 fix for Sports resort. Ive lso experimented with different loaders in Loadstructor with limited results. Im dumbfounded. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    Maybe you're using cios rev13 and using the home button/return to menu?
    Upgrade to cios rev14.

3. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    I tried that v14 and CoverFloader stopped working and it didnt seem to fix anything. With Yaulct is there a way to use the Error 2 fix? Im gonna try to make channels with this next. This blows .

4. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    What do you mean by using the home/return button? I load the game from the channel and it never gets around to loading. Just random HD blinking and no progress.

5. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    With rev13, if you started a game and then exited the game using the home button and then selected "return to menu", the next game started will hang. That is a known problem with rev13, so upgrade to cios 249 rev14. And use a loader that can handle rev14, there's many of them available, configurable is one of them. Also, if you're using loadstructor, you can tell it to use the configurable loader to start games instead of cLoader, I'm not sure if that will fix your problems but it's worth a try.

6. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the tips.

7. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i use cios rev 10 and never get this problem, have all my games as channels, it rocks, they never stop working. try installing cios rev 10 (it will copy over the one thats there) then re-install the wads and see if that works.

if its a dumb reply, sorry i cant help.

8. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    Currently trying the Rev14. If that doesnt work I will go back to rev10. Thanks guys ill let u know how it goes.

9. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    good luck

10. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    I have tested 10 games so far and they loaded after doing the rev14 and updates. So far so good. I even used the home button to reset the console (who wants to get up?) and loaded like 10 in a row in succession. Thanks I appreciate the help, I think you were dead on. Im sure the rev10 would worked too. Thanks. I'll let you know if I have further trouble.

11. bosman

Member bosman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have a similar question.

I've used Yaulct to create a WAD for a game (that didn't need the 002 fix in GX Loader) and created a channel - no problems, all worked fine.

If I used Yaulct to create a WAD for a game that needs the 002 fix enabled in GX Loader, would it work as a direct channel?

cIOS249rev10

thanks

12. westcoastloc
    OP

United States
    Grrrrr! Some of my games stopped working. Mad Dog, Wii Sports, I dont get it. Gonna try rev10 and then IOS 222 i guess. Do you think maybe that will fix the problem? Blahhhh. I wish Wii was like xbox, if it works once it will work forever.

13. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    mine has stopped working ever since i used loadstructor 1.7 with cloader 1.5 im gonna try an older version to see if that fixes it if not ill be back on cIOS rev10 by the morning

14. bosman

Member bosman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well - I tried using Yaulct1.2 for a game that needs the 002 enabled in GX loader like Wii Sport Resort.
    After creating the channel and loading the game I get the 002 error... I suspected so.

After more searching I found a program called CRAP.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151174

Used "usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy with newstyle 002 option ticked" as my option, all working great now.

15. razor00000

Newcomer razor00000 Newbie

Canada
    I've searched and googled everywhere for that problem...

Wii 3.1U
    USB Loader GX Rev 874
    IOS 249 Rev 14
    Brand new Seagate Expansion 1 To

Games stop working for nothing (F1 2009, Wii Sports, Hasbro...), I can't figure why, I need to reinstall them everydays or so. Anyone else had the same problem? I know westcoastloc had it but I also know he won't answer me! [​IMG]

Thanks all!

16. razor00000

Newcomer razor00000 Newbie

Canada