Hacking USB game

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime when i go to clear the level on my fire emblem iso backup it ends the cut scene and black screens how do i fix?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An English game doesn't necessarily mean NTSC. It could be PAL and using UK English. Are you 100% positive the ISO is NTSC? I ask because if you're forcing NTSC in your USB Loader and it's a PAL game, well that just doesn't add up. That might not be the issue, of course, but we need to start there.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh im not sure is there anyway i could check to see what type it is? I gotten pretty far in the game it was fine till now

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way for me(but probably not the best way for everyone) is to load the ISO up in a WBFS manager (the one you might use to add your ISOs to a USB drive) or open it up in Dolphin. You won't need to actually RUN the game in Dolphin, just get it to load up in the ISO list. With all that said, it's starting to sound like that might not even be the issue. If it's not - the last idea I have would be to make sure everything is all up to date (USB Loader, ISO, etc.)

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yavits a pretty old game for gc fire emblem path of radiance idk if tht would work and i dont use dolphin is there another way?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna say no. Go ahead and download Dolphin just to view the game's properties (like I said before, you don't need to actually run the game, just view the info) and check it's region. The first step in troubleshooting is isolating the issue. Right now there are a lot of things that can be going wrong and we need to eliminate the obvious stuff first. Verify the region, make sure everything matches up, update your loader and game if needed, and if that doesn't work, head back here to see if anyone else has a suggestion. You got this. I believe in you.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just look at the ISO with a hex editor. The first 6 bytes of it are the game's title ID. If it's "GFEE01" then it is the NTSC-US Path of Radiance. If it's "GFEP01" it's PAL. Wii discs follow the same pattern but they start with an R.

G = Console
FE = Game ID
E = Region
01 = Publisher ID

If it is a Gamecube disc then run it through the tool in my signature and make sure the disc image is valid. It might be a bad rip.

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i pulled it up and the iso's file name is GFFEE01 so tht means its NTSC-U/C ah i had no idea that you could ID iso regions by its code name

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean "GFEE01" and not "GFFEE01" then you're on the right track. Do you use Nintendont (through USB Loader GX) or something else?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I can tell, that particular game has had some frustrating issues with Dolphin, so maybe those problems are leaking into Nintendont / USB Loader GX. I'm out of ideas for now. Can anyone else lend a hand?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it the other day when I responded to this thread and it worked fine. Check the MD5 hash for it against redump.org. If it doesn't match you may have to rip the disc again.

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only stoped working around like chapter 27 when ike was about to challenge the black knight and whats a md5 hash? I downloaded this Fire_Emblem_Path_of_Radiance_USA_DIRFIX_NGC-STINKYCUBE.rar file do you think that would help?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An MD5 hash is a string of characters that is generated by running the ISO image through a hash calculator. There's a tool in my signature that can do it and automatically look it up in Redump.org's database. You just drop the disc image file onto the window.

I don't know about downloaded copies but the DIRFIX makes it sound like it's probably been altered at least once. I ripped mine from my original disc and haven't noticed any problems with the game although I don't think I've gotten that far. It's been a long time since I played it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s