usb ext hd 500 gig wd not recognized by any loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by midnightmaraude, Jan 13, 2011.

1. midnightmaraude
    OP

Newcomer midnightmaraude Member

United States
    I have two wiis. Both most current system menu. Ios 249:is v19. 250 is 20b. I haven't cross checked the rest of the ioss. I have a USB wd. 500 gig HD the USB 3.0
    It works with USB gx loader on Wii A. But isn't recognized by the other Wii. The other USB loaders don't see it either. I used my USB wd. 250 gig HD on the Wii so I know the Wii is itself working. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what may be off?

2. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
  3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    wii's don't support usb 3.0, only 2.0. The backwards compatibility is is only if your computer has usb 3.0 ports and 2.0 ports and you plug it into 2.0 port instead. Get another HDD.

If your still not understanding why it is so, the computer is using the usb 3.0 drivers in 2.0 mode not straight 2.0 drivers.

4. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    well I don't know what I quite did but the second wii is now playing off the usb 3.0 hard drive using usb loader GX. What I did was copy the entire SD card from my original wii and copied it to the second wii's sd card. I think maybe I have an old usb loader gx that actually does work with the usb 3.0 drives.

However, the wii flow and usb loader cfx do not recognize the usb 3.0

Also the def jam rapstar that works fine on my original wii with the same setup works but on the second wii it gives me the micriphone missing message. Not sure if that has to do with the 3.0 or not.

Maybe someone can look at the version of usb loader gx I used and extract some code from it to use with future wii flow and usb loader cfx loaders to make them compatible with usb 3.0??