Hacking Usb drive not found

KTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First off: Yes, I know this has probably been answered a million times already but I've been looking all over the place and elsewhere to find something that I this specific to my problem.

I've just bought a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB, since I've been told that those are the best in terms of power management. I've installed USB loader GX channel and want to use this drive for it. This is what I have:

Launch PAL Wii (With Wiikey)
System Menu 4.0
Cios 238 rev 13b (installed on ios 249 as that was what the installer told me) (Just upgraded from rev9 because it didn't work with that either and I figured it couldn't hurt to update, though I don't know on what ios it was installed. (Default))
Using USB loader GX channel
(BootMii installed)

My HDD has two partitions, one 3GB FAT32 and one 950 GB NTFS -> WBFS.

When I plug in my HDD in the Wii and start USB loader GX, or any other USB loader for that matter, my HDD doesn't spin up and the Wii does not recognize it. I've tried plugging it in with various formats on my partitions but it doesn't make a difference.
Could this be a problem with my Wii (cios's) or my hard drive?
Do I have to install any other cios, eg. 222, or reinstall/downgrade any?
If I get it to work, does the size of the partitions matter?

I'm ready for the bashing...
yaynds.gif

felix1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i have similar problem pls help i m using seagate freeagent 500gb ! is there anlternative loader t make it work ? i have formatted to fat32 so i donoe whats wrong

KTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually manage it to work, after booting the usb loader, unplug the POWER CORD and replug it again.

Now my only problem is that I need to figure out how to change language of the loader and how to reset the play count. (My game have gone up to 256 played times without even playing them.
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed