Hacking USB disconnecting from PC

monkeey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have any of you guys run into problems tryng to copy files from your MicroSD card onto the computer?

I can't even copy my 512kb sav files for backup onto the computer. The second I try to copy a file to the PC I lose connection with my USB connector that comes with the Cyclo.

can anyone help?

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem but it was at 450MB. I tried to copy each file one at a time and when I got to this one file it would not copy and stated it was corrupt. Then I replaced that file and it worked very good for me. Try that and also if you are using a USB hub, make sure it is powered and that you aren't maxing out your hub. Try using a USB port attached to the computer if you aren't doing that now. Worth a try. Hope that helps :-)

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it just sounds like a bad USB reader. I have four different MicroSD-USB readers and only one of them (the Kingston) still works reliably. I've had ones work for as long as 7 months or as short as 1 day. My Kingston is currently at 3 months.

The USB device disconnecting in the middle of a transfer has nuked many files for me. It is true that you should use a powered USB port for sure, but these things fail at an alarming rate regardless. Oh and once you get one that works, don't leave it plugged in any more than necessary - the heat build up is pretty significant.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Test from another computer. If you have more than one Hardrive test from the other one also.

Usually it is the sign of a problem in your computer or a falling reader. I never got a problem with a laptop direct port and no more problem with my old pc since i add a Belkin 5 USB ports Pci card.

I agree that some USB card readers are crappy.

How To Identify Your USB Card Reader ? Check from hardware info system or grab usbid.exe and read Cardspeed Site

My first plastic blue reader from batch 1 was erratic (it is the same blue one as the one describe in the GBAtemp review ) and i confirm writing to the card is ok but i 've got bad reading in stress conditions or when it becomes hot ( backup of a microSd card was impossible with read falling to zero ) . I test it with my Belkin Hi-speed USB 2.0 5 Port PCI card and in direct Plug via USB 2.0 port from various laptops.

The silver one i've got with my 2nd CycloDS is fine and fast ( 20 Mo/s)

The only thing i notice is that I can not boot my laptop from usb port with It ( works with another generic USB SD Adapter )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them