USB device not found in USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shooshoo, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009
  1. shooshoo
    OP

Newcomer shooshoo Member

Canada
    Hello. I installed USB Loader GX earlier. I am able to run it via the HBC. I have a 16GB Kingston USB flash drive which I formatted in WBFS Manager 3.0. After that I added My iso of Punch Out to it. From what I can tell it installed to the drive fine. I did get a fatal error when I closed WBFS manager. I took a screenshot of it but wasn't sure how to post it in here.

ANyways, aside from that I plugged my USB drive into the Wii and when I run the USB Loader GX I get a message saying "No USB Device Found. Do you want to retry for 30 secs?" and then gives me 3 boxes to choose from: cIOS249, cIOS222, and back to Wii Menu. No matter which cIOS I choose the counter goes down from 30 secs and doesn't detect the USB flash drive.

I have a Wii with SoftMii 2.1 and the firmware is 3.2u. I'm not sure what went wrong here. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

2. Narolez

Member Narolez GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  3. shooshoo
    OP

Newcomer shooshoo Member

Canada
    Last night I didn't have either revision 9 or 10 installed. I installed revision 10 today but still nothing...the same thing keeps happening. I installed the SD/USB Loader 1.5 to see if that program would work (that's when I was told I had to install the cIOS revision 10) and when I tried the SD/USB Loader it told me no partition was found. Press A to make a partition. So I tried that then I got an error ret = -6. I have no idea wtf I am doing wrong here.

4. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    sounds to me like the usb stick isn't compatible

5. shooshoo
    OP

Newcomer shooshoo Member

Canada
    If it's not compatible would it sill be recognized by WBFS Manager when I plug it into my pc? I started wondering if compatibility was an issue. I looked in the list and I'm pretty sure my flash drive was listed as being compatible. I just thought it was weird that if WBFS recognized and formatted it why wouldn't the USB Loader recognize it?

6. AlBa

Member AlBa GBAtemp Regular

Try again and make sure the USB flash drive is the only USB device connected to the wii.
    Have the same problem when my LAN adapter is also connected

7. knuj_on

Newcomer knuj_on Member

United States
    To use an HD with another USB deivice you need to install cIOS222 with either option "IOS 36 merged with IOS 37" or "IOS 36 merged with IOS 38" (37 is microphone etc, 38 is Wii speak)

The cIOS installer is part of the uloader install package.

USB LAN adapter is not supported at the time this post was written.

8. shooshoo
    OP

Newcomer shooshoo Member

Canada
    I removed the LAN adapter while I was trying this out because I read somewhere to disconnect all other devices. You mentioned having cIOS222. I didn't get that in my USB Loader package, where could I find that?

Something interesting I did find out is that I have another Kingston 4GB flash drive. I tried putting punch out on there and it worked flawlessly in the USB Loader so now I think that my 16GB just isn't compatible. I'm pretty sure it was listed as working in the compatibility list though (I checked that when I first started having problems). Would the cIOS222 make a difference?

If not I might just grab a 250GB hard drive and use that for Wii games. That's more than large enough for the amount of Wii games I have. Stupid thing is that there is only a $30-50 difference between a 250GB and a 1TB hard drive. At least that's the case on the sites I have checked.

9. Essem
    This message by Essem has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 1, 2016, Reason: 2009 bump.
    Jan 1, 2016