dread123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://svenpeter.blogspot.com/

he has created a working patch for usb 1.1....no we can start to use the usb slot with pen drives etc on our favorite emulators and homebrew.

I dont care for iso loader, but being able to usb pen drive is great step forward. in his post he did mention that we all start to pull together with emulator authors and create a universal release not several versions of the same emulators. come on peeps let make this work good.

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
good news !
smile.gif

can't wait for first apps...

Eden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's unfortunate that USB 2.0 isn't in the horizon but storage capacity beyond the limits of an SD card is great
smile.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't FAT only support up to 2gb volume sizes? 4gb with 64kb clusters, which are not widely supported.

That's what Wikipedia tells me anyway.

Someone tell me otherwise!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Richy Freeway said:
Doesn't FAT only support up to 2gb volume sizes? 4gb with 64kb clusters, which are not widely supported.
FAT aka FAT 16 supports up to 4GB.

Btw, your avatar scares me...

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I thought, hardly a major breakthrough then. It's not like we can hook up a 80gb HD and fill it with roms n stuff.

The only way I can see round it would be to partition the drive in to multiple 4gb partitions and split stuff across each partition, which isn't ideal.

FAT16 also only supports 8.3 filenames.

RE the avatar :
biggrin.gif

cocoman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but it will support fat32 too, dont worry, i think the only problems are loading BIIIG files, e.g. movies or maybe big roms (neogeo), i dunno

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
this is great news, and if wiimiidia is real then putting films on this should be good or would usb 1.1 be a problem?

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
USB 1.1 would be fine for running all qualities of audio and video formats. The real issue is loading a wii iso (if ever a loader was written).

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, no HD content, but of course there are other limitations, not only the limited speed. On a side note; how about making a Memory Card -> USB adapter or SD Card -> USB. Then again, there are some other limits that appear, plus I'm not even sure how viable it is ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: