usb cfg/wiiflow - How to get foreign titles to display?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cearp, Oct 21, 2013.

1. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    (i found a way to make wiiflow do what i want, but i am still stuck with usb cfg loader)
    Hi, using usb cfg loader, I can download japanese titles, but the titles only display as boxes. Is there anyway to fix this? I am think I once had it working a few years ago, but anyway, I really can't figure it out. Is it possible?

And using wiiflow, I download the gameTDB, but only the english titles are displayed. in the gametdb file there are all the game's titles, in different languages, i can see it when i open it with a text editor. but wiiflow only selects the english title? for the japanese games, the title is not in japanese, even if i download the japanese wiiflow language pack, and enable it. is this a bug? i would have though if i use the japanese language pack, that it would select the japanese titles. does this not work for spanish, french... etc, others?

thanks for your help :)

-edit. ok so i just happened to 'reload cache' on wiiflow to try to get some new games i added to come up, it worked, and the japanese titles are suddenly displayed, just how i want, although i don't see why this did not happen when i was exiting/starting up wiiflow, which i did a few times.

but still i don't understand why it happened this way, so now i have the titles how i want, in japanese, but what if i DID want them in their romanized format, was it just a bug that this was happening before i reloaded the cache? i want to know how to switch back and forth etc, just so i know how this program works. thanks again.

-edit. OK! so i found out if i put the language in japanese, then reload the cache, the titles will be in japanese. if i change the language back to english, they will STILL be in japanese, it seems even if i restart wiiflow this stays. but then, if i reload the cache (being in english), then the titles will go to english.

i would have thought this would happen when you change the language, so you cannot 'overlap' like this... very strange.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice