USB Capture Device

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by PeaCe, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008

USB Capture Device by PeaCe at 10:29 PM (1,176 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. PeaCe
    OP

Newcomer PeaCe Member

Iran
    Is there any capture device over usb that let me to play x360 on my laptop ?
    I want to know about the quality of this device, I have a capture (PCI) but this device dont have a good quality in playback on my monitor, i try my PS2 on it and int so grainy on my monitor
    i'll be so grateful if someone can help me about these devices [​IMG]

sorry about my poor english

2. GN-001 Exia

Banned GN-001 Exia Banned

United States
    For your desk PC I suggest getting a VGA cable for the X360. Connection goes from X360 --> Monitor. Not X360 --> PC --> Monitor. Depending on your monitor this can produce 1080P (1920×1080). Not sure if the PS2 has one. As for you laptop problem you want to get one that has component connectors (RGB) and not composite (Red white yellow). If you get one that's composite you're gonna end up with the same problem you ran into with your desk PC

3. PeaCe
    OP

Newcomer PeaCe Member

Iran
    thnx GN-001 Exia [​IMG], but i havent my pc anymore [​IMG]
    is there any capture device let me use component on my laptop ?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    First a standard VGA box for normal stuff and a VGA cable for the 360 with LCD monitor is probably your best bet (you can also use the monitor as a second screen on the laptop) as GN-001 Exia says.

Component over USB. Not likely and you will never get brilliant quality.
    If you really have to use the laptop (and do not want to try and rig up something involving actually making a VGA in port for the laptop) can I would look first at firewire capture closely followed by PCMCIA.

S-video is more common here as well which means you might be able to get away with it:
    http://uk.playstation.com/ps2/hardware/acc.../S-VIDEO-Cable/

The other thing about doing it this way is that it gets expensive fast.

5. PeaCe
    OP

Newcomer PeaCe Member

Iran
    Dear FAST6191, thank you for your helpful answer as always, I found this one http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/gener...eTV-AVC1410/p1/ which seems to good enough for me since its for gaming purposes and leaves me no worry about its lag or delay (hope my 1.6GHz Centrinou is enough for it). But its USB based and if you know any similiar device that is FireWire based, it should be a better choice.

How do you think this device is Graphic Card dependant for just playing back from output sources? I'm asking this because my graphic card is an 945 Intel Integrated card.
    How much difference it will make if I get a S-Video cable for my PS2?

After all, If you know any better External Capture Device that runs on USB or FireWire, I would love to hear your comments.

p.s. Do you know any place to get this one cheap? Its strange, I can find it from 200$ to 50$ and donno which one is safe to get

Thanks in Advance [​IMG]

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you really, really do not want a VGA box and monitor arrangement then I am sorry I forgot about this site earlier (what you want to do is not normally done as the VGA box route is so easy to do, decent quality and above all cheap):
    http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards

s-video: nothing special for me. It was just the usual method of adding "component/RCA" to capture cards that a few people seem to gloss over when trying to find something (or end up paying out for RCA when they do not need to).

Cheap: as a general rule any good cards will usually be resold for nearly what they cost (most people just use them a few times to back up tapes and then sell them on), bad ones will be offloaded cheaply. Assuming you are in Iran as your flag says Pakistan and/or India based sources are worth a look as they have a fair bit of film industry and the like and some of it is kept quite modern.

7. PeaCe
    OP

Newcomer PeaCe Member

Iran
    Do you guys know a good VGA BOX that is not limited to PS2 or PS2 and is capable of showing any s-video or composite input correctly on a non-widescreen 17" monitor?