USB-C port, would you prefer it on top or bottom?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is something that seems to be somewhat up in the air for the consumer release of Steam Deck. Most current images/videos show the USB-C port on top of the device, but concept images for the official dock show it connecting on the bottom (with no visible cable running to the top). Additionally, all the units floating around out there now are considered to be dev kits, so the design is subject to change for the consumer release.

Which placement would you prefer, and why? Personally I'd rather see the USB-C port on the bottom for easy docking, but being that a charging port on top was the standard for handhelds before Switch, it wouldn't be the end of the world either way.

Reactions: onibaku

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both cause upside down docks are gonna be really silly and I'd like to not have to use an OTG cable just to charge and plug in more things as those things can be fiddly.
If I had to choose top is handy if you charge and play a lot and bottom is handy if you dock a lot and considering the Steam Deck will be more focused on portable play rather than docking and likely playing while charging so top probably makes the most sense.
I'd still want both though if it were possible.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both would be neat but my money is on the single port staying at the top. If they're smart with the dock they'll make a cable that snugly connects to it without being in the way, but i wouldn't be too surprised if they just add a cable with a 90° plug on the end.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Ideal: Both
One port: Top

The top is annoying from a dock perspective, but if I’m in bed the top is better.

Both would be neat but my money is on the single port staying at the top. If they're smart with the dock they'll make a cable that snugly connects to it without being in the way, but i wouldn't be too surprised if they just add a cable with a 90° plug on the end.

There are pictures of the dock online, which shows a 90 plug.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: