USB Backups crashing my Wii on startup

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Fivester, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello GTATEMP.net Community!

my name is Robin and I am from germany, so sorry for any mistakes on your language at first. I grabbed my old wii and tried to get it to work again. I updated to 4.3E with a tutorial from a german wii community (along with iOS and cIOS), same goes for the forwarder 1.5 and usb loader gx 3.0.

Issue:
    whenever I start up a game from USB my Wii crashes (blackscreen, need to unplug the power cord). Tried 3 different USB (sadly 2 of those were sandisk), 1 SD card and a Seagate external hard drive (external power source). Tried FAT32, NTFS and WBFS, USB Loader GX detects those games but same issue everywhere.

My syslog:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

1. Any hints would be appreaciated!

Thanks

Last edited by Fivester, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ich habe damals meine Spiele übertragen. Da ich selbst nicht mehr spielte, habe ich meine Spiele an Nichte & Neffe gegeben die damit etwas unsanft umgegangen sind (eben Kinder). Habe mir aber nochmal Mario Bros gekauft (wenn du magst kann ich dir sogar mit Bon ein Bild einstellen) gekauft. Das Spiel geht (per DVD) aber nicht per USB Backup.

Versuch nicht von dir auf andere zu schließen bitte.

Last edited by Fivester, Mar 1, 2016
  3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I can't read the replies to see what help you've gotten already, so...

What version of USB Loader GX is it? v3.0 could be anywhere from r1100 to r1260. The repository was moved here and the latest forwarder is here. (I'm guessing you meant 5.1, not 1.5.)

Have you tried loading your games with a different USB loader?

Also, you don't have to unplug the Wii when it freezes like that. Just hold down the power button for > 4 seconds.

4. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Sorry for the late response. I installed the provided forwarder 5.1 through YAMM. Version of my USB Loader: 3.0 rev1256.

About the german part: it was not really ontopic, he accused me of pirating games. Even tho I bought them (and bought 2 games already a second time now). Just want to play my games over HDD rather than using discs.

Thanks for your help

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Is it working now with the newer version? You should be able to update it to r1260 through the built in update menu but you might have to check it twice before it picks up the new repository.

6. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I did an update within the usb loader gx app (few days before I posted this thread), I'll give it another try later this evening.

But sorry nothing changed. I'll try to copy the games again into a file, maybe those are corrupted (stored on an external HDD for a long time).

7. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Okay dunno if some1 is interested, but at the end it was my HDD which somehow corrupted all my game files/backups. Made 2 images from those games I bought and they're working fine. Guess somehow those data got corrupted and now I dont have a backup or dvd either :/

Thanks for your support

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If the drive was partitioned as WBFS that's likely the problem. It gets corrupted easily when adding new titles to it.

9. Fivester
    OP

Fivester Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    no I copied those from dvd into an iso file on my external hdd. Never converted them afterwards into any file, just backupmanager which does that on his own for the USB disc (he doesnt replace the original files or changes them, right?).