Zueq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hello guys I am glad to be one of this great site
happy.gif

when i plug my USB adaptor to my windows vista running PC it searches for drivers but fails. so how can I install those drivers needed to be able to read the MicroSD in my PC?
thanks in advance^^
cheers
yaynds.gif

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys I am glad to be one of this great site
happy.gif

when i plug my USB adaptor to my windows vista running PC it searches for drivers but fails. so how can I install those drivers needed to be able to read the MicroSD in my PC?
thanks in advance^^
cheers
yaynds.gif

Your post does not say it is an "HC" but I cover both below:

I'm sorry you are having trouble. These things are still stabilizing.

So much for Vista compatibility. I can not even get XP to work with HC readers. Even with the SDHC patch. The XP patches did not work.

1. Try Kubuntu. It's really not difficult, considering you can boot a live CD of it. If you are not up on "burning" your own CD's, just order a free CD. It just takes a while. You can also install it easy and do both Vista and Kubuntu at will. You may wish to install Kubuntu (if you have about 384RAM or better) so that you can quickly upgrade everything automatically (with broadband plugged-in) including what is related to the new SD 2.0 spec and the auto loading USB hot pluggable spec. It's not like installing windows. It takes about 30 minutes (If upgrading and with fast Internet).

http://www.kubuntu.com/download.php#latest

2. Try another reader. I know, it stinks but there you go.

3. Make sure a HC flash has a HC (stamped) reader. The spec requires it, and is programed to not work otherwise.

Unfortunately then, you may still need to try a different brand HC flash, and this stinks.

My MicroSDHC reader that came with the DSTT, does not work. Other members here also report file corruption with this extremely cheap, poor quality, high defect rate reader and strongly advise against it. The best thing to do, is the shotgun test. Obtain (perhaps temporarily) a (micro)SDHC to USB reader from a name brand company (100% worked for me). The Micro is optional, if you have the Micro-to-bigger-SD adapter(which is just a pass through. HC or not).

If your Flash is not an HC, the SDHC USB reader/writer will still work and you will be prepared for any SD or SDHC.

Hope that helps.

FYI: There is a 4GB non-HC, non-spec (not SD 2.0), proprietary, plain (Micro)SD flash contrary to where HC usually means all 4GB or more. I am undecided whether this would be a good thing or a bad thing for the DSTT; since VFAT16 (Max 4GB) works faster(DSTT menu), anyway. If it were a good thing, it would work with regular SD readers. If it were a bad thing, it would not be a compatible spec at 4GB to the DSTT. Anyone know? It probably would not be as fast, as say a "Class 6" (SD 2.0 spec) rated HC (SD 2.0 spec) Flash, but the possible compatibility would be great.

Of course, all this requires a USB 2.0 port for speed. If you computer does not have a USB 2.0 port, adding one (PCI or PC-CARD for notebook) is cheap and much faster. Do not use USB hubs for testing. Connect directly.

Zueq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
it is solved now^^
the problem was from the USB adaptor that came with TT
smile.gif
i bought a $3 MicroSD to USB adaptor (it says on the box "Vista compatible") and it worked like charm^^

thank you neogba for the detailed explaining you did very well thank
smile.gif

thanks comtois for the help too
smile.gif

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the adapter was supposed to be complementary, so you really shouldn't expect high quality with those things. Mine works fine though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE