Usb adapter at deal extreme

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Moritz, May 6, 2009.

May 6, 2009

Usb adapter at deal extreme by Moritz at 10:00 PM (1,183 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Moritz
    OP

Newcomer Moritz Member

Brazil
  2. 4ndy

Newcomer 4ndy Member

United States
    I dont see why not, as I myself use a IDE Enclosure. I bought this one about a year ago and it works perfect with usb loader. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817145656

Although I must say its quite heavy if you want to bring it around places, and it uses an external power outlet. =/

On the positive side though, it comes with a huge fan so your hard drive always stays cool. The fan is virtually silent too.

3. m-tek

Member m-tek GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  4. 4ndy

Newcomer 4ndy Member

United States

My friend has that exact one. I wouldn't recommend it if your planing to play your wii games extensively. There is no ventilation with that enclosure so your hard drive will overheat pretty quickly, at least thats what happened to my friend.

5. Moritz
    OP

Newcomer Moritz Member

Brazil
    Besides the overheating, that case works perfect? no freezing? no need to plug at a certain time or to hot swap?

6. Moritz
    OP

Newcomer Moritz Member

Brazil
    Arrived?

I still don't know what to buy there for usb loader.

7. genericaccount20

Newcomer genericaccount20 Member

United States
    All of the Vantec enclosures from newegg are great! They are aluminum and there on 100s of reviews of them. Not just 4 or 5. I like dealextreme for simple stuff but don't go cheap when it comes to your hd. If you fry the hd, you are out more then $10 or $15. You pay a few bucks more but it is worth it. I have had a couple for a while now and they are not cheaply made. Worth the difference in price.

newegg.com - vantec enclosure