USA Wii U, living in Europe, purchases on eShop

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by PewnyPL, Mar 11, 2016.

1. PewnyPL
    OP

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    So this is probably something that was already done and such, but I couldn't really find anything on the forum.

So here's the basic quesiton, anyone who is in the same situation as me, having a USA based system while being located outside of America, how do you purchase your games on eShop?
    Is it by a USA credit/debit card? If so, how did you get one and what are the costs?
    Is it by eShop cards? If so, how do you obtain them at a normal price? (since on eBay it's like 25$ for 20$ card, and on Amazon it's physical card being sent, so shipping hell)

So far I had help from my friend, to whom I send money by PayPal (having to pay 1% more as payment for transfer itself, so $20.20 for 20$ card, which is way better than eBay) and he gets me the card, however this is not the best option, as he doesn't always have spare money to get me the card immediately, having to wait up to 4 days before it transfers from PP to his bank, and all in all, it mean I have to get him to go to a store himself.

Last edited by PewnyPL, Mar 11, 2016
  2. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
  3. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Now that's exactly what I'm looking for! However, it seems something... ain't right
    [​IMG]

4. LysergCooltyp

Nov 4, 2011
    Interesting. I don't have that problem. I get a clearly visible text when i access the page. Did you try it on the Wii U itself or have you tried clicking the left blue button? Maybe it's just a temporary issue for you.

5. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    I tried on my PC, both Chrome and Firefox, in both cases looks the same. And clicking the left blue button shows a window with some more garbage like that.

6. LysergCooltyp

Nov 4, 2011
    That sucks. Did you try deleting your cookies and clearing the cache? If that doesn't solve it either try to access the page with the Wii U's browser or contact their support.

7. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    It's fine. I checked from another PC and it displays correctly. Clearing cookies may work, either that or finally restarting that damn thing (50 days of uptime, I think it hates me by now)

8. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Well nevermind then! As perfect as this seems, there is one huge problem with it.
    "This recipient does not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts."