[USA Black Friday] Free Wii U Mario w/ 40$ Purchuse at Old Navy

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by mysticwaterfall, Nov 8, 2012.

1. mysticwaterfall
    OP

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    [​IMG]

How it works: The first so many people in line at each store (the number varies by store, based on past similar promotions, probably 5-15) get a wristband that entitles them to get a free game after they spend 40$. So, depending on how you look at it, you either get the game for $20 off and the clothes free, or the game free and get some clothes.

So, if you want to wait in line for a while (at least 2 hours before open, then however long the checkout is) it is a pretty good deal.

2. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    It's funny, I paid off my WiiU Deluxe Bundle Pre-Order today, and I was like "hmmm, should I buy New Super Mario Bros. U?" Then I passed up on it because I get paid on the 20th anyways.

3. Sly 3 4 me

Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    Illinois
    I think this is a great deal if there is an Old Navy close to where you live. Although Old Navy is a bit on the expensive side, it's well worth it if you had intentions of buying the game in the first place. I for one would not be interested as I'm not planning to pick up a Wii U until a few months, but I'll surely pass the offer to some people I know that would gladly like a chance at it.

I think that says 11/22/2012 at the bottom. Looks like it'd have to be US since the Wii U launch for Europe is the 30th as far as I remember.

4. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Gear up, bring your super mario mallets, its gonna be a fanboy bloodbath...

5. Kyouhei

Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Aug 18, 2011
    Don't forget Egg-Beaters. along with fungicide, LOTS of Fungicide.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    How did Old Navy get its hands on these games in the first place? Was there some maritime warfare between stores that I just missed?