Gaming USA 3DS

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks like the american version, so it should work.
If you really want to make sure, just buy it digitally, unless you have a reason not to.
As for wireless, yes, any 3DS from any region can communicate with any 3DS from any other region.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for some reason Nintendo uses the same number for prices in $ and £, which means those in the UK pay a lot more.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hi I live in the uk and I have purchased a usa 3ds which has firmware 6.3-12U. can I buy this http://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-X-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0053B5RGI off this play-asia website and guarantee myself that it will work perfectly?

also does wireless work with uk to usa 3ds? like wireless not wifi (obviously wifi would work)
That looks like the american version, so it should work.
If you really want to make sure, just buy it digitally, unless you have a reason not to.
As for wireless, yes, any 3DS from any region can communicate with any 3DS from any other region.
On the wifi. Local multiplayer may or may not work depending on the game. It doesn't work in Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and a lot of other games, and of course it doesn't work in Download Play. StreetPass won't work cross region on certain games either. Here, I found a (highly incomplete) list: http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=6417
There may be a better list, but that's the only one I could find quickly. It really sucks for me because my youngest brother lives in Singapore which has USA region 3DS consoles.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the wifi. Local multiplayer may or may not work depending on the game. It doesn't work in Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and a lot of other games, and of course it doesn't work in Download Play. StreetPass won't work cross region on certain games either. Here, I found a (highly incomplete) list: http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=6417
There may be a better list, but that's the only one I could find quickly. It really sucks for me because my youngest brother lives in Singapore which has USA region 3DS consoles.
Yes, as I understand it, some games do have locked multiplayer, but the question was about Pokemon XY, which does work.
Although I think it's a little silly to close the multiplayer to the same region, unless there are differences between regions.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, as I understand it, some games do have locked multiplayer, but the question was about Pokemon XY, which does work.
Although I think it's a little silly to close the multiplayer to the same region, unless there are differences between regions.
He is probably interested in knowing whether it works with other games as well. Thought it should be mentioned.
And to be fair he was not really specific about his wifi question.

theonlysnowman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a lot for the responses! I might just get it off the store...
does it save on the sd card or the actual 3ds? I only have a 2gb card

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot for the responses! I might just get it off the store...
does it save on the sd card or the actual 3ds? I only have a 2gb card
It has to be on the SD card, you might be able to fit the game on the card if you have absolutely nothing else on it, since the game is 1.7GB, but I doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr