US TRU Darkrai Event

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by calvin_0, May 26, 2008.

May 26, 2008

US TRU Darkrai Event by calvin_0 at 8:37 AM (5,693 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. calvin_0
    OP

Member calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    I really wonder do anyone go to the TRU Darkrai event at 22th May? and for those who when, can you please clone your wonder card via Pokesav?

thanks.

2. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It is May 31st and June 1st in the USA. And no, I won't be cloning, but I'll be using multiple carts, I can trade with you for non-clone, non-pokesav event pokemon.

3. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    Can't you just use an AR code to clone the Darkrai?I might just think about giving you a clone or the real one, depending on the offer. I had multiple legit carts, so I got quite a few.

4. calvin_0
    OP

Member calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    whats the fun of that? the only reason i want the wonder card clone is i can share it with my friend in malaysia.

5. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm sure someone will post the information on one within a few days after the event, which will allow pretty much anyone to make one in pokeSAV.

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Event Pokemon don't really mean anything anymore.

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    That's true, as you can just use PokeSav and get any Pokemon you want - and don't have to join the losers lining up to get their virtual Pokemon at a children's toy store! [​IMG]

8. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    pokesav events caught pokemon are legit, so whatever, you wouldn't see a difference.

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    What, can you also find out the Secret ID from the Darkrai? Or does it not matter anymore for tourneys and such?

Edit: For those who don't know, the Secret ID a hidden value, basically what Nintendo uses to determine a Pokemon's legitimacy. So if you create a Pokemon whose Orignial Trainer Name and Trainer ID match yours, but the Secret ID doesn't, then they know it's a fake. Likewise, if you don't know the Secret ID of the Darkrai, then even knowing the Trainer name and ID won't help.

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Of course you can.

11. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    You can just cheat the Darkrai event into your game. I have cheats that will do that.

12. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, but it's different from this Darkrai. This one has the special event moves Spatial Rend and Roar of Time, and you are given it instead of going to an island and capturing it yourself.

13. sk3tch

Member sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
  14. stefanol

Newcomer stefanol Advanced Member

Poland
    Well, along with Wondercards, the true value of DS events went really down... Since pokemon generated by WC in huge amounts is the same as pokemon received at event, with WC you can spawn hundreds of dates and natures. That's why I tend to collect rather GBA events (which are pretty rare nowadays). And I am happy to be able to receive a copy of TRU Darkrai from my friend - which actually is going to event (even though there is no difference between genuine event Darkrai, and WC Darkrai, I still feel better about it [​IMG]).

And if you are smart, you can find somewhere already pre-release TRU Darkrai, there appeared three copies of them. When WC appear on the internetz, there will be no difference between these pre-releases, and normal event Darkrai (since you can spawn them with no matter which date). Sad...

15. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Not really. The various 10th anniversary sets of Pokemon are probably the most common events you'll see nowadays; since the GBA events have no secret ID, they're ridiculously easy to hand-make.

16. stefanol

Newcomer stefanol Advanced Member

Poland
    Unless you know how to check them for being edited in Pokesav. UK/FR/GER/US Tour Events are indeed common... SPA/ITA are a bit rarer.. But getting legit PC JP, PCNY, Pokepark, WISH, JEREMY or something else is much more hassle...

17. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Anyone who knows what to "check" for can make perfect copies.

18. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I'll try to go to TRU that weekend and grab one, just like I did with the Manaphy.

19. No Name Trowa Barton

Member No Name Trowa Barton Namaiki iun-ja naiyoâ„¢

United States
    anyone get there hands on the cart and dump it? i kind of want this because my friend natalie missed out on the event. and she "wont hack her saves" or somthing.

20. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hacking and taking someone elses are essentially the same thing.