• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4v55uxwmwqh71.png

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mate how can you with a serious face say that he isnt responsible for the actions of what happened?

How can you say with a straight face that Trump isn't more responsible, his motives were honorable and that he would have handled it any better.

You're just doubling down on blaming the wrong person because you love Trump.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No the US won the Afghan war. They just weren't able to change the country from it's stupid religious roots.

The Taliban only held the country between 1996 & 2001. I don't think there was ever any attention to change it beyond getting rid of the Taliban.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
was down to failures in the US military to understand where they were and understand that at local levels negotiations between factions had been going on for ages.

So the US military didn't know where people were hiding or that they were holding secret conversations.

It's almost as if that isn't their job.

I feel really sad for the woman and girls not having the chance to be who they want to be under the Taliban rules. But this also extends to other thinking people: non believers, gay people etc... I feel sad for the people but I do think this is a domestic affair: this is not the responsibility of the USA or something the states can "fix" with soldiers or dimplomacy. More moderate religious countries have the same ridiculous laws against women and minorities. This is not only a problem in Afghanistan. Again: I do feel sad for a part of the Afghan people...

I feel sad for all of them, even the religious fanatics. It can't be a great life.

Similar to how I feel sorry for Trump supporters. Americans have some weird and unhelpful ideas too.

The lucky few will escape from Afghanistan and enough leave that they have a severe brain drain then hopefully the Taliban will just collapse.

Last edited by smf,
D

Deleted User

So the US military didn't know where people were hiding or that they were holding secret conversations.

It's almost as if that isn't their job.

Seeing from your posts that youre not a troll so will answer: theyre deployed overseas fighting the Taliban, its part of their job to know whats going on around them, whos building alliances etc. If youre suggesting the CIA fucked up in terms of intelligence gathering then fair enough. TBF the 'WMD in Iraq' fiasco shows they have form. The point is, there was a major disconnect between local conditions around the place and decisions that were being made affecting the place. Thats the big takeaway from the rapid collapse. You couldnt expect any Administration to make correct choices with that there. If you want to argue that the various Admins should have done more to ensure a clear picture (and seeing as reporters were able to do it it appears it mightnt have taken a lot) thats fair enough too. That though is a longstanding problem and Biden ultimately was right: this would have happened at any time with any withdrawal. Again, fair play to him he decided enough was enough and swallowed the bitter pill.

Wow, major cogitative dissonance trigger I am guessing?

You know you can choose to not post in or read a thread, you have free will.

The Irony is that this guy would probably get along with the Taliban well.

This is the type of thing Im on about, mods. Arseholes posing irrational shit on bait threads just for the sake of arguing and performing like a bunch of lobotomised seals. Its what gives them their thrills at the expense of everyones time and effort. Just get rid of them and make the place cleaner.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure Trump did a lot for the African American / blacks crowd. He even talked to Kanye West which people love.
People need to face it.. Trump won office, did his time and now he's out and people are still trying to bring him up as a talking subject when Biden, a democrat is in office and not doing anything about the current situation.... By the way, who gave you free stimulus moneys and who also said no more?
Trump gave you the stimulus moneys (he set them all up to take place) and Trump pushed for the vaccine. Biden took credit for the last Stimulus and also having put out the vaccine. And Biden said no more stimulus money even though our economy is still shit.

The point wasn't to make a "but Trump" argument, it was moreso to highlight the recurring argument someone in question, and by default a lot of you, use to try and prove your point. It sets precedent.

"He even talked to Kanye..."

Jesus I hope that's not a real argument. Historically Trump has not been in favor in minorities in any sense, including blacks. The fact that he sent out stimulus checks, which are taxed, which economically speaking were only sent out to keep 'Merica's economy from tanking, is not indicative of his position regarding minorities in the slightest. Maybe if the argument was "Trump only sent checks to white people", which is hardly the point.

Although, I understand your implication. This is about Biden, not Trump. However, if someone makes a hypocritical argument, I will point out the hypocrisy and why it is so. Kthxbye.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the Biden regime decided to leave all sorts of guns, drones and other military hardware for the Taliban to seize control of. I guess that's also the orange clown's fault too? lulz

We should have never EVER been involved in the middle east in any way shape or form but hey, gotta spread peace one, illegal Obama drone strike at a time and keep that petrodollar strong RIGHT?

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Congrats to Biden the most incompetent President

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the Biden regime decided to leave all sorts of guns, drones and other military hardware for the Taliban to seize control of. I guess that's also the orange clown's fault too? lulz

We should have never EVER been involved in the middle east in any way shape or form but hey, gotta spread peace one, illegal Obama drone strike at a time and keep that petrodollar strong RIGHT?
Congrats to Biden the most incompetent President

...lol you guys are ri-dic-ulous . You well know that was Afghan ARMYS Equipment (yes Supplied by US) But US had no real Control of Equipment of ANOTHER COUNTRY's Equipment. After Trump signed the Agreement with the Taliban ( to Run Away) US Military moved US OWN Equipment out, What you are seeing is the Equipment that the Afghan Military gave when they Surrendered.

PS DID you the Future TALIBAN Afghan President Abdul Ghani Baradar was freed from prison at the request of the Trump administration (not including additional 5,000 TROOP Released by Trump in 2020 )

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, this has been a disaster... not only the withdrawal, the withdrawal has been a disaster for sure, but the whole 20 years process, across many presidents and the whole establishment, was just incompetence and money sinking... you know, the Soviets made the same mistake; but wasted only half their time and money... well, they didn't have much money left to be honest.

PS: but nonetheless, the incompetence of his predecessors doesn't make the current president any better...

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this has been a disaster... not only the withdrawal, the withdrawal has been a disaster for sure, but the whole 20 years process, across many presidents and the whole establishment, was just incompetence and money sinking... you know, the Soviets made the same mistake; but wasted only half their time and money... well, they didn't have much money left to be honest.

PS: but nonetheless, the incompetence of his predecessors doesn't make the current president any better...
yes Afghan is a fucking mess, Biden fucked up the exit, but The Official agreement that was signed on 2/29/2020 was a crutch that Limited Biden also .. but to place the Blame Completely on Biden 8 Month in his Term is a joke

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have them talk to the Taliban, maybe that will work better. I am sure a few here would agree that is a good plan.
lol and there is it everyone.. The New Far Right Talking point Taliban "GOOD"
4ro5u27lksh71.jpg

uqw6yoyv7rh71.png

lol you guys are soo full of Hate and self loathing that you are Actually Praise "Death America " because Your "guy" is not President..
Funny after Stating Liberal wanted Trump to fail from the Start, I never Heard them Praise Bin Laden like I have the Right state the last 2 days.

Last edited by djpannda,

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you guys are soo full of Hate and self loathing that you are Actually Praise "Death America " because Your "guy" is not President..
Funny after Stating Liberal wanted Trump to fail from the Start, I never Heard them Praise Bin Laden like I have the Right state the last 2 days.

Taliban = no gay marriage, death to America, death to gays, no rights for women yet they have an active Twitter account.

Orange man bad = no Twitter account.

Weird eh?

And full of hate.... you talking about antifa, BLM or liberals in general?

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taliban = no gay marriage, death to America, death to gays, no rights for women yet they have an active Twitter account.

Orange man bad = no Twitter account.

Weird eh?

And full of hate.... you talking about antifa, BLM or liberals in general?
I love when people point out the complete hypocrisy of US social media.

It's amazingly funny how obvious it is they have an agenda. And what they censor from certain US citizens but liberals and terror groups get free passes.
... oh Look ....when present with the Idiocracy of Praising Terrorists, They quickly swerve to the back up plan" Playing the Victim Card of Social Media". Mind you they refused to face the Humility of Looking up to the provers of the worst Terrorist attack in US history.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reasonable take is that the GWB administration is chiefly to blame here since we never should've been in Afghanistan to begin with. Not getting out sooner was a bipartisan failure, and the inability to stand up to the Taliban was an Afghani government/military failure.

I'm not sure what good ruminating on the tragedy will do at this point. American forces control the Kabul airport and we're rapidly evacuating as many of our Afghani allies as possible. The lessons going forward are obvious: imperialism doesn't work, long-term occupation of a foreign country doesn't work. We need to get out of all current conflicts ASAP, and not insert ourselves into any new ones. The US military's role in other countries should be strictly humanitarian, in missions that have a clearly defined timetable, and their budget should be cut significantly.
Exactly, the war itself is the failure, or perhaps something even worse as there was never even a legitimate point. This pullout is probably about as smooth as it was ever going to be. I look at this 20 year nonsense as sort of a vanity occupation that served as a threat that the US still has the means and balls to come wreck your shit and stay there indefinitely. What finally ending it actually portends may be the worrisome part. USSR collapsed like two years after pulling out of Afghanistan, and while it may or may not signal imminent collapse in our case as well, I suspect it really does come down to the inability to continue paying for it.

Reactions: Xzi

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know guys why you keep arguin with some people here who have a strong feeling that they are right, while in reality this will be very dark and troublesome times for woman and people who want fair rights in Afghanistan. Most people in America are not ok on how Biden botched this operation and now people are on their (Afghanistan) own who out of desperation are giving roses to the extremist to give the impression that they are not mad. Those people are scared beyond scared. Some people here are in denial because it doesn't affect them, they defend this barbaric act while most sane normal people condemn this.

Some woman have given an interview where they said its a matter of time until they go through their home doors and be executed.

But as they say, time will tell. Afghanistan will be a place were other extremist will go and from there plan out attacks.

All of the highest commands, even Bush old ones (The moron who started this) said that Biden made a very strategic mistake. China is laughing at the once so "powerfull" strongest nation.

I say it, China will take action, they have seen how weak the Biden administration is. This will be very hard enduring 3 years to come. Biden will screw more, this will be not his only mistake. You will see the people defending him go into silence when the next disaster of the administration hits. Tick tock tick tock.

Last edited by DoubleDate,
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know guys why you keep arguin with some people here who have a strong feeling that they are right, while in reality this will be very dark and troublesome times for woman and people who want fair rights in Afghanistan. Most people in America are not ok on how Biden botched this operation and now people are on their (Afghanistan) own who out of desperation are giving roses to the extremist to give the impression that they are not mad. Those people are scared beyond scared. Some people here are in denial because it doesn't affect them, they defend this barbaric act while most sane normal people condemn this.

Some woman have given an interview where they said its a matter of time until they go through their home doors and be executed.

But as they say, time will tell. Afghanistan will be a place were other extremist will go and from there plan out attacks.

All of the highest commands, even Bush old ones (The moron who started this) said that Biden made a very strategic mistake. China is laughing at the once so "powerfull" strongest nation.

I say it, China will take action, they have seen how weak the Biden administration is. This will be very hard enduring 3 years to come. Biden will screw more, this will be not his only mistake. You will see the people defending him go into silence when the next disaster of the administration hits. Tick tock tick tock.
I wonder what will be the key events that will be remembered regarding the collapse of the empire.

With the USSR one usually remembers Afghanistan, the Berlin Wall, the Baltic chain... what will it be with America?

Meanwhile the world goes back to the middle ages, with dangerous fanatic nationalism all around the globe... Great times here on Earth...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple