• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have I ever called you a hypocrite? I mean, there's really not much else to say. Why were you so silent on all the times Trump fucked up? I looked, but was unable to find any posts you created about it at those times.

Reactions: blackwrensniper

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>But trump
You should be like Biden take credit for this horrible mess
https://twitter.com/Richard_Harambe/status/1426871587005997064

Except I didn't use the "But Trump" bit. You brought that into it yourself. In order for me to go that route (like all of your side of the fence did with your constant BUT BUT BUT OBAMA!!! BUT BUT BUT HILLARY!!!), I'd have to actually disagree with you on this matter. My comment wasn't to point out things any of them did, it was pointing out things you have done. Hence why I called you a hypocrite. Understand now? Or nah?

Reactions: yuyuyup

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Valwinz
  1. It wasn't long ago that Trump supporters, including many on this site, said that Biden should get zero credit for the American withdrawal from Afghanistan. They said Biden was just doing what Trump already committed to doing. They seem to want to have their cake and eat it too.
  2. Trump criticized Biden's withdrawal plan in April by saying he would have done it even earlier (despite that fact that Trump had four years to do it). We know now that Biden's timetable was much less reckless.
  3. What's going on in Afghanistan is largely in part because of the failed foreign policies that got us to this point, including but not limited to the failed Trump policies that empowered the Taliban and the failed Bush policies that got us into this mess in the first place. The Obama administration isn't blameless either.
  4. Often times, circumstances like the ones we are seeing in Afghanistan are evidence that we should be leaving, they're evidence we shouldn't have been there long (if at all), and they aren't evidence we shouldn't leave. To name a few, the same things happened in Vietnam, Iraq, and now Afghanistan. The consequences of all of these withdrawals show that the choice was either to leave now or to stay there indefinitely without ever having anything to show for it. For example, Obama's withdrawal from Iraq didn't create ISIS; invading Iraq created ISIS. It was pretty much destined to happen unless we stayed there decades or centuries longer.

Last edited by Lacius,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
President Biden said all these things out loud on July 8 of this year
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/1426876352989433860

As I was saying? Where are all of your posts with Tweets and the likes from Trump saying all kinds of the most stupid shit I've ever seen anyone say? Bidens a loser just like Trump. About the only things better about him are that he doesn't have the mouth Trump has and he passed a few more grades than Trump. But go on. Keep being the hypocrite.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming these quotes from Biden are true, they don't make exiting Afghanistan a bad decision, and it isn't Biden's fault that the Afghanistan military wasn't more prepared after twenty years. It's all the more reason for the United States to exit Afghanistan. Like with Vietnam and Iraq before it, it shows we have virtually nothing to show for twenty years in Afghanistan.

You also had the former president saying similar things and criticizing Biden for not withdrawing even earlier. Trump and his supporters have been screaming for months, in-between gasps about imaginary voter fraud, that they should get all the credit for Afghanistan withdrawal. Which is it?

Where's the "credible report"?

Reactions: Aoba

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Democrats still with their TDS. Every time Biden screws up "But Trump"
It's relevant to point out the hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters. It wasn't long ago that Trump and his supporters claimed that all the credit of leaving Afghanistan should go to them, for example. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It's relevant to point out the hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters. It wasn't long ago that Trump and his supporters claimed that all the credit of leaving Afghanistan should go to them, for example. Hindsight is always 20/20.
people are being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States RIGHT NOW LACIUS and Joe took all the credit for it

Last edited by Valwinz,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already explained how these quotes are irrelevant to whether or not we should leave Afghanistan. What's going on now in response to the United States leaving is more evidence that we should be leaving.

Despite what happened in Vietnam, for example, I don't think anybody would argue that we shouldn't have left Vietnam.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States RIGHT NOW LACIUS and Joe took all the credit for it
After Trump tried to take all of the credit for it (and even criticized Biden for not doing it sooner, despite the fact that Trump had four years to do it).

Leaving Afghanistan is still the right decision.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Valwinz
  1. First, I'd love it if you could have an original thought for once instead of mindlessly and lazily posting tweet after tweet. Then you might actually be able to participate in the conversation.
  2. Nobody is saying the situation in Afghanistan isn't volatile. That doesn't mean, however, that exiting Afghanistan still isn't the right decision. The right decisions are often hard decisions. It's easy for some (Trump and his supporters) to try to take credit for a policy that wasn't his when it was an easy and popular decision, and it's easy to hypocritically condemn it when the decision becomes hard and less popular. I don't envy Biden being in this position, but at least he is still making the right call.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
giphy.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you arguing it was a bad thing or at all detrimental to acknowledge the respect and dignity the LGBT community deserves?

If a single tweet got in the way of an orderly exit from Afghanistan, then the situation was much more fucked up than we knew, and that would be all the more reason to leave.

Nice try at trying to connect the situation in Afghanistan with your own homophobia though.

Reactions: Deleted User

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The embassy is being successfully evacuated. I'm sorry, where is the failure?
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended