0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This one is going to be a lot harder for people to defend than the helicopter gunship video, which was still indefensible. US soldiers confess during questioning to throwing grenades at and shooting Afghan civilians for sport, posing and taking pictures of themselves with the mutilated corpes, and keeping body parts. Their excuse? My commander made me do drugs (opium laced hash) and I had a brain injury and I was scared of my commander etc.

Tape Excerpt said:
Morlock: "So we met this guy by his compound, so Gibbs walked him out, set him in place, was like standing here"

Investigator: "So, he was fully cooperating?"

Morlock:"Yeah,"

Investigator: "Was he armed?"

Morlock: "No, not that we were aware of."

Investigator: "So, you pulled him out of his place?"

Morlock: "I don't think he was inside. He was by his little hut area ... and Gibbs sent in a couple of people."

Investigator: "Where did they stand him, next to a wall?"

Morlock: "Yeah, he was kinda next to a wall ... where Gibbs could get behind a wall when the grenade went off. And then he kind of placed me and [Spc. Adam] Winfield off over here so we had a clean line of sight for this guy and, you know, he pulled out one of his grenades, an American grenade, popped it, throws the grenade and tells me and Winfield, 'Alright, wax this guy. Kill this guy, kill this guy.' "

Investigator: "Did you see him present any weapons? Was he aggressive toward you at all?"

Morlock: "No, not at all. Nothing, he wasn't a threat."

But surely, the apologists will say, this is just an isolated incident! Well, how many of these isolated incidents to we need before we admit there's a serious problem?

edit:
If an admin would be so kind, the title makes it sound like US solders were killed as someone else's sport, if you could clarify it please.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That Sargent needs to be in a mental institution in a straight jacket with chains, seriously killing civilians for sport, in most countries that will get you sent to the jungle, forest, or desert and brutally killed and nobody will ever see a trace of him again.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the noble U.S. Army, as anyone down south here would say, "the only army in the world which won't kill unless absolutely necessary"

Makes me sick.

The killing, that is....not (necessarily) the faith in our army.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drugs - That can never be an excuse...they're the one who chose to use it.
Injuries - Please, why would you have it now, out of all times? A bit late there.
Fear - There are some higher ups you can confront. If they end up corrupt as well, there are many other things you can do. If people didn't face fear, they would be scared of every little thing. If they're scared of every little thing, no one would evolve. No evolution, things will be at a standstill, technology won't change, etc.

More and more pointless deaths because of the acts of morons...it's frustrating.
I'd love to blow them up and defile their remains. How about buried, with some manure on top? No remorse for random civilians, no remorse for them. And, to think that there have been people around me who have considered joining....no comment.

Hop2089 said:
That Sargent needs to be in a mental institution in a straight jacket with chains, seriously killing civilians for sport, in most countries that will get you sent to the jungle, forest, or desert and brutally killed and nobody will ever see a trace of him again.
Fixed.

Then acts of stupidity like this eventually cause things to happen. Next thing we know, 9/11 gets repeated with 9/22, and then it becomes a 10 year ritual for terrorists.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You want to know why middle eastern countries don't like US? You want to know why terrorists hate so much about US? This is your answer.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Freedom? Liberty? This isn't American dream anymore.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to invent a new name for an emotion where you feel nauseaus while simultaneously being filled with rage.

Cuz that's what this makes me feel.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
This makes me sick and the worse thing is those soldiers probably won't get any jail time because they're American or they'll get jail time and it will be reduced to probation or nothing. I'm just tired of this shit. American soldiers killing innocent people, returning home heroes when they are just murderers I'm not talking about all soldiers just the bad one the ones who murder innocent people and the U.S. military courts let go back to their families where they can brag about being a 'war hero'. Makes me sick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?