US soldiers killing for sport

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by 0ddity, Sep 28, 2010.

Sep 28, 2010
  1. 0ddity
    OP

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This one is going to be a lot harder for people to defend than the helicopter gunship video, which was still indefensible. US soldiers confess during questioning to throwing grenades at and shooting Afghan civilians for sport, posing and taking pictures of themselves with the mutilated corpes, and keeping body parts. Their excuse? My commander made me do drugs (opium laced hash) and I had a brain injury and I was scared of my commander etc.

But surely, the apologists will say, this is just an isolated incident! Well, how many of these isolated incidents to we need before we admit there's a serious problem?

edit:
    If an admin would be so kind, the title makes it sound like US solders were killed as someone else's sport, if you could clarify it please.

2. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That Sargent needs to be in a mental institution in a straight jacket with chains, seriously killing civilians for sport, in most countries that will get you sent to the jungle, forest, or desert and brutally killed and nobody will ever see a trace of him again.

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Ah, the noble U.S. Army, as anyone down south here would say, "the only army in the world which won't kill unless absolutely necessary"

Makes me sick.

The killing, that is....not (necessarily) the faith in our army.

4. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Drugs - That can never be an excuse...they're the one who chose to use it.
    Injuries - Please, why would you have it now, out of all times? A bit late there.
    Fear - There are some higher ups you can confront. If they end up corrupt as well, there are many other things you can do. If people didn't face fear, they would be scared of every little thing. If they're scared of every little thing, no one would evolve. No evolution, things will be at a standstill, technology won't change, etc.

More and more pointless deaths because of the acts of morons...it's frustrating.
    I'd love to blow them up and defile their remains. How about buried, with some manure on top? No remorse for random civilians, no remorse for them. And, to think that there have been people around me who have considered joining....no comment.

Fixed.

Then acts of stupidity like this eventually cause things to happen. Next thing we know, 9/11 gets repeated with 9/22, and then it becomes a 10 year ritual for terrorists.

5. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    You want to know why middle eastern countries don't like US? You want to know why terrorists hate so much about US? This is your answer.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Freedom? Liberty? This isn't American dream anymore.

6. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    And people think that Islam is full of terrorists.

Fuck you, hypocritical America. Fuck you.

7. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Someone needs to invent a new name for an emotion where you feel nauseaus while simultaneously being filled with rage.

Cuz that's what this makes me feel.

8. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    This makes me sick and the worse thing is those soldiers probably won't get any jail time because they're American or they'll get jail time and it will be reduced to probation or nothing. I'm just tired of this shit. American soldiers killing innocent people, returning home heroes when they are just murderers I'm not talking about all soldiers just the bad one the ones who murder innocent people and the U.S. military courts let go back to their families where they can brag about being a 'war hero'. Makes me sick!