Scratch & Sniff
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Im getting a DS here (again) shortly. I used to have one and an Ace2Kart and it was pretty well perfect. Here is what I'm hoping you guys can help me with. First and foremost I was hoping to find a reliable US retailer. I REALLY don't want buy out of China or Canada or Guam or some other country. Secondly I was wondering if they have managed to integrate GBA emulation / functionality into the DS cartridges yet or do I need a whole other flash card for that? Thirdly, which flash card would you reccomend. Should I stick with the Ace2Kart that I had previously or is there another cartridge that's better and offers more? You guys rock thanks in advance for your help !

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xanthious said:
Thanks for that advice! I looked up the site and the cart you reccomended. How is the GBA and SNES emulators on the supercard dstwo?
The GBA emulation is ok, but since it's pretty much one of like 3 cards that can emulate GBA games, I would say it's the best out there out of the 3.
The SNES if you are using CATSFC, towers over any snes emulator to date for the DS.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xanthious said:
Thanks for that advice! I looked up the site and the cart you reccomended. How is the GBA and SNES emulators on the supercard dstwo?

the GBA and SNES is good enough.
dstwo is your best option at GBA emulation

I don't recommend shoptemp..too many fake shop giving themselves fake reviews.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DS or DS Lite (and thus a GBA slot) you can get a slot-2 (GBA slot) flash cart, that (in addition to something like an Acekard 2i) will run GBA games natively. Otherwise your only bet is emulation, and the DSTwo's the best (though it's still not perfect by a yard). The DSTwo's one of the top contenders for DS games as well, it's one of the ultimate carts nowadays.

As for retailers in the US, modchipcentral is what I've used, they ship out of Canada (like pretty much any retailer in the US), and I managed to get my cart in 2-3 days with a fast shipping option (but I'm not sure if they update their carts before sending them).

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If you have a DS or DS Lite (and thus a GBA slot) you can get a slot-2 (GBA slot) flash cart, that (in addition to something like an Acekard 2i) will run GBA games natively. Otherwise your only bet is emulation, and the DSTwo's the best (though it's still not perfect by a yard). The DSTwo's one of the top contenders for DS games as well, it's one of the ultimate carts nowadays.

As for retailers in the US, modchipcentral is what I've used, they ship out of Canada (like pretty much any retailer in the US), and I managed to get my cart in 2-3 days with a fast shipping option (but I'm not sure if they update their carts before sending them).

Well if it's kind of buggy I might just go with a dedicated slot two card then. I have "close to perfect" emulation on my Droid Incredible so I'd like to have perfect emulation if possible and it seems like the DSTwo is a bit off of that from what I've read both here and in reviews. Considering that I'm likely going to buy a slot two flash cart what would the differences be between the Ace2Kart 2i and the DSTwo? I notice that the Ace2Kart is cheaper by a bit and was curious as to what the big differences were.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A slot-2 would give you perfect gameplay (you need to patch many games to get them to save properly but that's one-time).

The DSTwo has a lot more features, mainly in-game menus (for cheats, save and load states, in-game guides and slow motion), whereas the acekard 2i can't edit it's cheats or view text files while in a game, and has no save states or slow motion. There's also the DSTwo's "clean mode", it's ability to play new games without having to wait for updates (at the cost of cheats and soft-reset and other flashcart-standard patches, since it runs the game "clean"), but the use of that is arguable nowadays where other flash carts have smarter patching and less games go unpatched for less amounts of time.

It's the extra features and special emulation and such that require the DSTwo to have an onboard processor, which is partially why it costs more.

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well after reading what you fellas said and a bit more research I decided to go back with an AceKard 2i again. It seemed that the DSTwo, while an awesome card no doubt, had a lot of extra bells and whistles I wouldn't have much use for.

So today I went and bought a black DS Lite and Pokemon Black. Can't wait for my cart to get here as I already have most of the 4gigs of storage spoken for.

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.hellodsi.com/ best usa cali shop and carts are real cost 25 for acekard and 50 nfor dstwo carts and comes in 2/3 days at most i ordered 2 carts and they were bomb. acekard2i comes with 3ds flashed so you can dowgrade to 1.41 is best to use i downgraded and it worked perfect enjoy best shop with no clones and fast deliverly no cost for shipping enjoy

D

Deleted-236924

A Gay Little Catboy said:
Xanthious said:
The GBA emulation is ok, but since it's pretty much one of like 3 cards that can emulate GBA games, I would say it's the best out there out of the 3.
The SNES if you are using CATSFC, towers over any snes emulator to date for the DS.
I personally don't really like CATSFC since it has some sort of lag problem that isn't present in BAGSFC.

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally hoping that the Xperia Play will have a bit better performance than my Droid Incredible and I will be able to use that for all my emulation. I will likely hold off on getting a slot 2 card until I see how well the Xperia Play does with GBA emulation. I would of went soley with the Xperia Play and not bothered getting another DS but dammit all if the DS doesn't have a killer line up of RPGs. Outside of maybe the PS2 I'd be hard pressed to think of a system that has as impressive a lineup of good RPGs as the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1