wtf.gif

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i update the download it now comes with patcher EXE and with IPS just look on my previous

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=617...ndpost&p=820612

ps. please do check it, i didn't able to test the EXE, just in case it says CRC check Error then try the Europe version to US version maybe i just confuse and replaced it with Europe version or vice versa.

Anyway it still requires a CLEAN and unpatched ROM

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i made some minor changes like using Y button to pop up the map screen instead of B button and use A Button to side slash.
Anyway heres the new button mapping.. it is still in beta and the update might or might not be stable ..

LoZ_ButtonHack_v0.50beta.zip

Button Mapping Changes:
===========================
"Directional Pad" - Move link to desire direction
"X Button" - Spin Slash
"Left + B button" - Roll on Leftside
"Right + B button" - Roll on RightSide
"Y Button" - View Map Screen
"Direction Pad + A" - Slide Slash depending on Pressed Arrow key

NOTE:
* L and R is Mapped on its Default Function
* To save some space, pressing B or A won't create any attack/roll, maybe ill fix it later
* There is a small delay in Slide Slash on its first Press, just hold A and Arrow key a bit longer
* It is normal that sometimes pressing D-Pad and A give a thrusting attack instead of side slash it happens because of some changes of Link in screen position
* read readme.txt for some details

P.S. it comes with EXE and IPS

for complete download visit here

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eh, not to sidetrack you from making a full-button control scheme, because that's awesome, but could you make a lefty movement patch? Just map movement to ABXY instead if the D-Pad *obviously*. My friend is left handed, and he commented on how the DPad hack doesn't do much for him since he has to hold his stylus in his left hand.

Thanks.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i update this site for two version of IPS for left handed people

for direct link here it is
Plain Directional Pad Hack: LoZ_DPAD_Hack_Left.zip
Directional Pad with X as Spin Attack: LoZ_DPAD_X_left.zip
Action Replay DS version: LoZ_DPAD_hack_ARDS_left.txt

biggrin.gif
Wow, that's great
laugh.gif
Please don't be offended by ppl who don't like your work. I guess their reason is that the game isn't meant to be played with the d-pad. But that's what makes the hack so great in my eyes. It also makes the game feel more 'Zelda' to me
tongue.gif
Keep up the good work. Oh, maybe Zeld or people from kodewerkx can be of help for you.

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, that's great
laugh.gif
Please don't be offended by ppl who don't like your work. I guess their reason is that the game isn't meant to be played with the d-pad. But that's what makes the hack so great in my eyes. It also makes the game feel more 'Zelda' to me
tongue.gif
Keep up the good work. Oh, maybe Zeld or people from kodewerkx can be of help for you.

thanks ! .. that help a lot ..
biggrin.gif

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are amazing man hope you completely nail that hack thanks for fixing a game nintendo RUINED it should have been their job to do button control too now you do their job shows you are better than them i really appreciate your hack
biggrin.gif

keep up the good work !
biggrin.gif

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your welcome guys and thanks i really appreciate it ..
biggrin.gif

anyway i update this site to add IPS for lefthanded with rolling and spin attack

for direct link LoZ_Button_Hack_Rolling_left.zip

Button Mapping
"X Button" - Move link Upward
"A Button" - move link on Right
"B Button" - move link Downward
"Y Button" - move link on Left
"UP Arrow" - Spin Attack
"Left Arrow" - Left Rolling
"Right Arrow" - Right Rolling
"DOWN Arrow" - View Map Screen
"L or R Shoulder" - Item on Hold

biggrin.gif

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried patching it with a GBA IPS patcher for OS X, but I got a white screen only. I think the program wasn't right for a NDS game. I'll seek out another program.

I've got the v. 0.50 ready for whenever I start playing though. Thanks!

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried patching it with a GBA IPS patcher for OS X, but I got a white screen only. I think the program wasn't right for a NDS game. I'll seek out another program.

I've got the v. 0.50 ready for whenever I start playing though. Thanks!

i'm not familiar with OS X but do you think you can make a Hex compare between the patched ROM and the clean ROM (in windows FC \B will do the trick, i don't know if OS X has it own version of this). And after that can you post where the difference occur, just to make sure that if my ips causes the culprit or not.
smile.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried patching it with a GBA IPS patcher for OS X, but I got a white screen only. I think the program wasn't right for a NDS game. I'll seek out another program.

I've got the v. 0.50 ready for whenever I start playing though. Thanks!

i'm not familiar with OS X but do you think you can make a Hex compare between the patched ROM and the clean ROM (in windows FC \B will do the trick, i don't know if OS X has it own version of this). And after that can you post where the difference occur, just to make sure that if my ips causes the culprit or not.
smile.gif
Or try Neil Corlett's UIPS, there are Mac OS X binaries.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your welcome ..
biggrin.gif
Good thing i still hear some compliment even some don't like my work ..Â
frown.gif
Parents seem wrather lacking on teaching the old adage "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" - I for one am sad to hear you are getting any lashback from that type of stupid. Toenailed (and anyone else working on translations, cheats, hacks and the like and sharing their work publicly for others to use) - thanks for your time and enthusiasm in making your bits of code versatile, usable, free, and completely void of any copyrighted content - regardless of what some may think or believe (and take upon themselves to to out of their way to prove they do not understand), this type of thing will always be appreciated even when those that hate (or are jealous?) are louder than those that appreciate.

Good rule of thumb, if all you hear from are morons, chances are the people that like it are too busy enjoying it (usually in a bug free way) to tell you they are busy enjoying it
wink.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good rule of thumb, if all you hear from are morons, chances are the people that like it are too busy enjoying it (usually in a bug free way) to tell you they are busy enjoying itÂ
wink.gif
QFT, it's all too easy to grab something cool and not say thanks to the one who made it. It's sad to see just the complaining people sometimes. It's kind of the same in a way when I went to search for reviews of PC parts some years ago. All you read is the complaints, while in fact many are enjoying the product
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended