Gaming US imported vita with uk debit/credit card

I am dark link

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soo im getting a vita from my auntie in the u.s and i was wondering if i use a psn account from the uk will the currency for the store change and if not can i change that and if not will i be able to use a british bank card like a credit or debit card

many thanks

Dark link :)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't own a Vita but from what I recall reading, you can choose which region's PSN you want to use, so you can use a European one and when charge cash, even if it's dolars, euro or whatever, the bank does the converstion itself when you pay in another currency.
Like, you have Euro but buy something from the American PSN something that costs 5$ for example charges your card for 3.50€ (not the actual value, just an example).

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only things that's hardware tied to the region is
1) The 3G Chip
2) Power related items

If you buy a USA PS Vita (or PS3 for that matter), just make a UK PSN or use your current UK PSN and you'll be good to go.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you do decide to make an US account, you won't be able to use a non-US-card for payment.

But you can easily order PSN store codes via Bestbuy, that's what I do when I'm in need of PSN games, due to the time difference it most of the time takes a few hours until I get the e-mail with the code, but ordering from BB is the cheapest option, since every other online shop is charging 5-15USD extra for the codes. ;(

I personally prefer the US PSN store, since most games are a lot cheaper (and a few aren't available in the EU stores).

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried to order PSN-cards at Bestbuy.com, but keeps complaining about wrong address info (why do they need that for a 'DLC'/ e-mail sent code anyway?) -> fixed by using 'address for international orders' ...

Doesn't like my non-US paypal though, I reckon you paid with a CC?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
k, good at least non-US CC works. Guess I'll have to do some puppy-eyes at someone ones in a while, since I don't own a CC myself... :P
Thanks for answering.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one thing. there is an internal serial number on each Vita so if there's a special promotion, like getting a discount via downloading through a Vita, you may not get it. I tested it with the 1000yen promotion that Sony Japan had a while back ago and it only worked on a Japan released Vita, none of the USA (don't have access to EU but pretty sure same results as USA) registers got the 1000 yen code.

Yes, all were using separate Japanese PSN account, new or old, didn't really matter through the test. It was just one code per one vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi