DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I got a jap n3ds xl and modified it by following the guide (everything is at the latest version). I installed about 21 US games and luma locale switcher, I set all the games to US region and EN language. All games were downloaded from wii u usb helper and the same cias were installed in an US old3ds were i havent had any problems

I get black screens when I launch Zelda tri force, and I have to hard reset the 3ds
The 3ds crashes when i launch Final fantasy explorers and mario & luigi superstar saga

Other games seem to work fine till now (havent tested a lot).

This is the error crash i get with ffex and mario & luigi

k4GH7Xv.jpg

My 3ds also crashes when i try to download anything from the freeshop but the error is different:

NWlgUJk.jpg

Apart from these problems, I just realized that in some games local multiplayer is region locked.... for example mario kart 7. The Jap and US 3ds cannot find each other, even though i am using the same US cia in both 3ds and i forced the US region and language in MK7 with luma locale switcher in the jap 3ds. Smash bros, and Mario golf dont have this problem, I guess not but, is there any workaround for this?

What could be causing the crashes? Should i just region change the Jap 3ds? apart from losing eshop access (I cant think of any reason why would i want it), any other thing worth knowing?

EDIT: Now that i think about it, if i change region I cannot create a new NNID which means I cannot play online, right? A NNID is necessary to play online as far as i know

Thanks!

Last edited by DbGt,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got a jap n3ds xl and modified it by following the guide (everything is at the latest version). I installed about 21 US games and luma locale switcher, I set all the games on US region and EN language. All games were downloaded from wii u usb helper and the same cias were installed in an US old3ds were i havent had any problems

I get black screens when I launch Zelda tri force, and I have to hard reset the 3ds
The 3ds crashes when i launch Final fantasy explorers and mario & luigi superstar saga

Other games seem to work fine till now (havent tested a lot).

This is the error crash i get with ffex and mario & luigi

k4GH7Xv.jpg

My 3ds also crashes when i try to download anything from the freeshop but the error is different:

NWlgUJk.jpg

Apart from these problems, I just realized that in some games local multiplayer is region locked.... for example mario kart 7. The Jap and US 3ds cannot find each other, even though i am using the same US cia in both 3ds and i forced the US region and language in MK7 with luma locale switcher in the jap 3ds. Smash bros, and Mario golf dont have this problem, I guess not but, is there any workaround for this?

What could be causing the crashes? Should i just region change the Jap 3ds? apart from losing eshop access (I cant think of any reason why would i want it), any other thing worth knowing?

Thanks!
I think you should be able to play local MK7 if both games are of the same region, even if the 3DS regions are different. Not sure why it isn't working.
I suppose you could region change the console. You'll lose eShop functionality but you can still use FreeShop.

The crashes/black screens sound more like corrupted files or a bad MicroSD. Have you tried redownloading them (preferably from a different source) and/or running Check Disk and h2testw on the card?

Reactions: Majickhat55

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, after some testing I can confirm that in fact, no, you cannot play MK7 locally with different region 3ds even if the game is of the same region. The same US cia was installed in both 3ds and they cannot find each other, this does not happen in mario golf or smash bros where i can play local multiplayer with different region 3ds

I have not find any evidence of MK7 working between different regions, I found this list which seems to be spot on (from what i have tested): http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=6417

It seems what matters is the region of the 3ds, not the game region itself.

About the crashes / black screen, i dont think they are corrupted files because the exactly same cia files were installed in the US old3ds and every game works perfectly there, and I also dont think it is a bad microSD because I installed about 21 games and only with these 3 I have problems, I cannot even launch them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, after some testing I can confirm that in fact, no, you cannot play MK7 locally with different region 3ds even if the game is of the same region. The same US cia was installed in both 3ds and they cannot find each other, this does not happen in mario golf or smash bros where i can play local multiplayer with different region 3ds

I have not find any evidence of MK7 working between different regions, I found this list which seems to be spot on (from what i have tested): http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=6417

It seems what matters is the region of the 3ds, not the game region itself.

About the crashes / black screen, i dont think they are corrupted files because the exactly same cia files were installed in the US old3ds and every game works perfectly there, and I also dont think it is a bad microSD because I installed about 21 games and only with these 3 I have problems, I cannot even launch them.
I wonder how MK7 is detecting the console region then. It shouldn't be possible with the locale switcher. Maybe there's something Luma isn't patching out, but that's almost certainly something that could be fixed.

Also, no, you don't need a NNID to play online. A very small amount of things require it like Badge Arcade, and... actually that's the only one I know of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol