1. cbunbury20

cbunbury20 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    the wall has been the most naive presidential proyect of history, not only donald its getting filty richer with his construcction parthners, plus its absurd, chapo, the cartel its the king of tunnels of the world, not even a country has done in such a complex time, with that discretion and perfection the tunnel he scape jail from, 80% of human traficking goes trought those tunnels wich chapos has 100s, only the broke people with 0 money try to cross by the river, so yeas poor ignorant trump followers they get trick easier than kid with a candy, they gonna have the useless wall and more inmigration than ever, cous imagine, 100s, of tunnels, maybe 1000s, and by the time they seal those, chapo its gonna be a head again with submarine human traficking, surfacing in a private pool facilly in the middle of Ohio?]

2. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Notice something? ;)

So now the justification for building the wall is arguably the worst failure (if we go by what it publicly told people it aimed for) the US ever engaged in domestically? The war on drugs?
    src: https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/07/...ent-to-go-ahead-with-funding-for-border-wall/

How curious, that you never see Trump arguing that way (the way they actually argued legally to be able to shift additional funds, originally earmarked for the military?).

Last edited by notimp, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

Stiff? Me???

To say it again ... I think the "Wall" idea is stupid, I think it's a money pit, and for the most part I agree with what you've been saying about it. But how I feel about it is a separate matter from OP's question, i.e. where is the wall? The answer to that, summarized, is that it has been mostly tied up in litigation until now. But the funding has been cleared by the Supreme Court. And there are most certainly people who are intent on proceeding. Whether that motivation is born of the potential for personal financial gain (for the contractors who'll do the work) or job security (for Border Patrol agents) or a desire to curb illegal immigration and drug/human trafficking, and whether those people are right or wrong to have those motivations, all separate issues from OP's question. The most succinct answer is that the left's attempt to prevent construction through the Courts has failed and construction will proceed, if Trump is reelected.

Last edited by Hanafuda, Aug 11, 2020
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  4. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    I'm relieved. :)

Wonder why... ;)

(Groups suing against the reallocation of funds are in the quotes above) (unrelated to my snark)

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...if you look at it like that, it's anything but naive. :P

cbunbury20 likes this.
  6. cbunbury20

cbunbury20 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    not for him and friends!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Elections, Where,