1. JuanMena

OP JuanMena Politically Incorrect

Mexico
    It's 2020 and I've been waiting for that wall to get built.
    How come you're going to choose a different president with NO FUCKING WALL?

yuyuyup and slaphappygamer like this.
  2. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    People that are telling you that the wall is an election relevant topic, or was the last time around, are lying in your face. Stringing you on. Playing with your emotions.

Thank you for your attention. ;)

That said, the ad above also is mostly a lie.

In short - US moved against standing UN and Nato positions under Trump, and the world is horrified, but at the same time, US still very much can invite itself to any meeting it wants to and still is the relevant military power to talk to. And still dictates what to do in trade agreements and, ... So if you are having FOMO - no, you are stil good. You can even dictate what happens on the climate issue.

And neoliberalism meets globalization still is the dominating principal economically.

And everyone is trying to replicate the UBER business model (service sector jobs with less securities) all over the world, while telling people how great it is, so nobody revolts.

Last edited by notimp, Aug 11, 2020
  3. JuanMena

Mexico
    You're welcome for your reply :)

4. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Made it even longer. :)

(Corona actions (travel bans) are temporary and have nothing (+/-) to do with global politics.)

5. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's coming along.

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders/border-wall-system

https://www.trumpwall.construction/

It took almost 4 years to get the funding issue to the Supreme Court, and win.
    https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/07/...ent-to-go-ahead-with-funding-for-border-wall/

EDIT:

Sorry this is the correct link for the SCOTUS ruling. The one above is from when the litigation was still pending and SCOTUS granted a stay. This article from last month (07/20) reflects the final decision:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-31/supreme-court-trump-border-wall-construction

Last edited by Hanafuda, Aug 11, 2020
    CallmeBerto and JuanMena like this.
  6. JuanMena

Mexico
  7. Kraken_X

Kraken_X Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The travel bans are directly related to the US having among the worst Coronavirus response in the world, and that comes down to poor leadership. Look at the numbers, you can't blame countries with competent leadership who have already recovered for trying to keep the virus (and it's American carriers) out. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

The wall was always stupid. You could hire soldiers to stand 1000ft apart 24/7 in shifts for decades across the whole border for what the wall would cost, and neither would be effective since most illegal immigrants got here legally and became illegal by overstaying their visas.

8. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yes a complete wall around the whole country. Not to keep Mexicans from getting in but to protect the whole world from Americans getting out.

9. JuanMena

Mexico
    That's why I need my fucking wall.
    It's been 4 years and there's no wall.
    Where's my fucking wall?

Ev1l0rd and AmandaRose like this.
  10. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Then vote Trump. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that the legal obstructions to building have been cleared, 4 more years ought to be enough.

Me personally, I don't care about the wall, never did. We've got more corrosive domestic issues right now that need priority attention. Also if you're actually living in Mexico, unless your intention is to illegally cross the US border why do you give a fuck???

CallmeBerto likes this.
  11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Last edited by Lacius, Aug 11, 2020
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  12. JuanMena

Mexico
    Aaaaaah, I love this forum.
    Can't understand why Amanda hates it so much. B-)

13. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Are you really that dumb, or just egging others on. ;)

Beware of wind! Your sworn enemy. ;)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-big-winds-fixed-forever-tweet-a9338326.html

Wall is empty spending to give money to pals in the construction business. Does nothing, wont last even five years, maintaining it would bankrupt your country, and its 7th century BC tech. And on top of it. Jobs going over to mexico is solved differently.

The idea is so stupid, its... come on, you cant still fall for that...

Everyone still doing PR for that is basically saying, go Trump put more state money into your pals pockets.

But the slogan was so memorable....

Bi tha wa, bi da wa! There, even a toddler could participate... ;)

Hanafuda and Kraken_X like this.
  14. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, it's a legit question. I'm just going by your flag, which is about 3% reliable if that. Are you living in Mexico? If not and the little flag is just to be cute, then my question (why do you give a fuck?) has no meaning. But if you are living in Mexico, then I can't understand why it would be an issue for you.

On the other hand, if you are actually living in the USA and. an American citizen, then you get your one measly vote like all the rest of us. Use it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There actually was a large section of wall that was still under construction that, because unfinished, was blown over by strong winds earlier this year. It's a real issue, but not one that should prevent construction in the big picture.

As I posted above, last month SCOTUS finally issued their decision giving the Trump administration the win on funding the wall. Until July 2020, most of what could be done had to be done on existing maintenance budgeting because the real money was blocked by litigation from the left. The coffers are now open to real construction getting underway. In the short term though, I would hope Covid-19 and the election are more pressing concerns.

This is only worth explaining as a somewhat straight answer to OP's obviously not-serious question. I'm not a fan of "The Wall" ... but it's a lie to represent that there has been no effort to make it happen.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    But please, how many people visit the Chinese Great Wall?
    If you wall is made, it needs to be great and pretty. (actually, at least make it pretty)
    Think of tourism, think of space tourism, it needs to be a colossal landmark... better yet make it a nationwide dome, that would look cooler!

IncredulousP likes this.
  16. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    The big picture of constructing a thing, mostly in the dessert, mostly there where you dont have any mountains, because it doesnt build so well in those areas, designed by a design bureau, picked for 'looking good' - and again, that will be debris in less then five years.

Or neverending subsidies to Trumps building friends, if the US should actually decide to 'maintain' it further. And the costs for maintaining it are enormous.

And in the end it didnt even 'save china' (Ming dynasty).

Come on - "I like to play with yellow bucket diggers" cant be that high satisfaction to look past all of this for eight years.

You must be egging people on, you cant believe this. Do you believe everything that leader figure tells you? Hey, there are some things coined "campaign promises" - that are basically lies. How come, this one is still a builders dream, when it never worked, it never works, its not financeable, its not maintainable, "at least we built part of it" is not a solution, ...

Again - it is impossible that you are that stiff.. ;)

edit: Trump looking at wall:
    [​IMG]
    (not at all a PR stunt)

The great american construction project of the 21st century:
    [​IMG]
    Pickup Truck and everything.
    (not at all a PR stunt)

17. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Oh where to start lol.

Because its not a world news forum when its only ever American news.

Its always ends up with people hating Trump or even worse actually praising him.

Its the only place on the site that I get transphobic abuse

In short its a toxic wasteland full of hate one way or another.

18. JuanMena

Mexico
    Got it.
    I'm doing it right now, and that sucks.

Wanted to imply that Trump's words didn't lasted long, and at the end, the only ones they got to exclude were themselves. LOL the irony.

Last edited by JuanMena, Aug 11, 2020
    IncredulousP and AmandaRose like this.
  19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I don't really get into politics but from the looks of it Biden is going to win. Unfortunately I would pick Trump over Biden. Biden is like Pence they are there but you don't really know them they are like super passive. It's like going into a position because you are popular but you don't really have what it takes.

I'm not saying Trump is perfect but I rather deal with someone who I know versus deal with someone else that may make things worse than it already is.

20. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    We can throw him in the ocean and no one will be able to reach him. He will be completely protected.

IncredulousP likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Elections, Where,