Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Foxi4, I was just trying to add some perspective, my bad. Uh, let me try again. PIZZA NO A VEGETABLE, SILLY CONGRESS! LOLOLOLOL!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been eating school lunches since whenever. I never got fat from them (probably due to metabolism). I don't even exercise that much.

And goodness, people, stop posting your heights. It's depressing me...

I'm short ;_;

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good Stuff.

Fat D. Appropriate name. Fat for the Dripping Tuna, D for Delicius.XD
I think the cheese contributes more to the... umm.. high energy content than the oil left on the tuna. And dripping was an exaggeration, it is more a case of keeping it a little damp. And yes, the Fat refers to my body shape rather than the abomination that is the word Phat. I know it is unhealthy, so consider my laziness to burn off the energy I consume as my vice.

LoL, I'll be perfectly honest, I was reffering to the pizza you described, not to you as the poster. Besides, it's not always the diet that makes a person "fat". Not only that, "fat" varries from culture to culture and is percieved differently in different times. Due to the propaganda of the skeleton-thin beauty of the 90'ties, we now live in a world that would conscider even the smallest imperfection as a sign of gluttony, which is not the case, of course.

Compare that to P.P Rubens's times when the exact opposite was glorified.

And yes, cheese is quite a fatty ingredient, but I don't think I would be able to continue my existence if "cheese" would magically disappear from store shelved.

Give me my mature cheddar or give me death is what I say to that.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup, on 18 November 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

When Sudanese children give you crickets, you make cricket pizza. I'm just being a dick, we should prob stop spending money nuking kids and feed em instead AND quit fattening USA kidz

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I just wanted to express my opinions about this. Why should the USA help African kids get food when the USA is already in debt and our economy is already horrible. Why help someone when they don't even try to help themselves first in the first place? We have been helping Africa for the past 40 years or so and guess what this led to nowhere children are still hungry and it will continue to be like that? You know why its because they decide to have 10s of children without caring that there is no food and that they won't be able to raise them. The more we feed them the more kids they will have and this will increase the starvation even more. Maybe we should send them condoms instead?

"Firewall on"

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In all factuality, Africa deserves everything but "humanitarian food ration dispensing". They're not idiots y'know - what the west ought to do is to default on some of Africa's countries that are still in-debt since colonial times and starting to invest and build work places there, especially in agriculture. Africa is a massive "field" that's ready to be sown if you want to spend some time and prepare the land for it.

According to the old saying, don't give the poor man a fish, give him a fishing rod and he'll fish his own. Sending them "rations" over and over again helps nothing - the rations are eaten and they're gone. Nothing changes, other than the fact that new rations need to be sent.

Start INVESTING seriously in Africa, give those people jobs and education, slowly but efficiently shape the landscape, build propper living quarters etc., stop "feeding" those people. Repetitive "help" like this made some tribes unable to hunt anymore - they were fine for MILLIONS of years before the White Man came to "help", how come they're hungry now? They got used to the "help", they no longer "need" to get food, they are given the food. But too late for that now - they're addicted to help.

Reactions: 7 people

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Start INVESTING seriously in Africa, give those people jobs and education, slowly but efficiently shape the landscape, build propper living quarters etc., stop "feeding" those people.
There's just one problem with that. There's not enough money for that kind of undertaking. You're looking at amounts an order of magnitude (or two, or three) higher than what the current help in food costs. It would be an enormous, long term investment with no guaranteed return (no return at all, really). There's no easy money to be made with such investments, so there's no reason for large business investors to fund it, and there's no way the current charity can cover those kinds of costs. That's the first and foremost problem. And all you can do with what little money charities can scrounge up through donations is to send food and medicine.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Start INVESTING seriously in Africa, give those people jobs and education, slowly but efficiently shape the landscape, build propper living quarters etc., stop "feeding" those people.
There's just one problem with that. There's not enough money for that kind of undertaking. You're looking at amounts an order of magnitude (or two, or three) higher than what the current help in food costs. It would be an enormous, long term investment with no guaranteed return (no return at all, really). There's no easy money to be made with such investments, so there's no reason for large business investors to fund it, and there's no way the current charity can cover those kinds of costs. That's the first and foremost problem. And all you can do with what little money charities can scrounge up through donations is to send food and medicine.

That's not entirely true. Look at most of the post-colonial areas in Africa - most of them are far from poor and are doing quite fine. All it really takes is dedication, time and certain agreements. For example, a company creates a large field in the "middle of nowhere" and agrees with the locals that they will work for them for a certain "minimal wage", most of the food produced will be shipped back to Europe or the US, while a certain ammount of it will be sold to the local market at the lowest price possible, aka "not-profitable".

If a certain area has no currency, they'd simply recieve food coupons, alternatively any currency that is currently in-motion and would matter to the outside world. Work for food, rather than "come and get your rations". Same coupons would be given for helping in expanding said "farm", for example simple digging or constructing gigs the locals "can do".

After a certain time, those Africans would start settling near these farm areas for obvious reasons, which in hand would entice building contractors to build small and cheap-to-build settlements. They wouldn't earn much from those, but they'd still earn which is already a success in this economy.

After a good few decades we'd have a relatively high enhance of life standards.

Besides, nobody says those have to be companies comming from the private sector - there are National companies that can be forced to do this by respective governments.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup, on 18 November 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

When Sudanese children give you crickets, you make cricket pizza. I'm just being a dick, we should prob stop spending money nuking kids and feed em instead AND quit fattening USA kidz

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I just wanted to express my opinions about this. Why should the USA help African kids get food when the USA is already in debt and our economy is already horrible. Why help someone when they don't even try to help themselves first in the first place? We have been helping Africa for the past 40 years or so and guess what this led to nowhere children are still hungry and it will continue to be like that? You know why its because they decide to have 10s of children without caring that there is no food and that they won't be able to raise them. The more we feed them the more kids they will have and this will increase the starvation even more. Maybe we should send them condoms instead?

"Firewall on"
lemme guess, you're a repub

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mission Derail Thread: Accomplished

Seriously though that wasn't my intention. It just grates on me. There seems to be a constant preoccupation with issues that affect our own nations, even when those issues are relatively minor in the scheme of things. Sure, pizza isn't the best thing you can serve kids, but for God's sake at least the children are fed. I'm not mad that we are fortunate, I'm mad that we are so fortunate and yet we still have the audacity to act ungrateful for the bounty; scoffing, "Pizza isn't a vegetable." Yes, pizza isn't a vegetable, that is true. Equally true is the fact that nothing is promised. It is only by luck of the draw that a child may be born into a nation where he will eat and thrive rather than a nation where he will starve and die.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Besides, nobody says those have to be companies comming from the private sector - there are National companies that can be forced to do this by respecive governments.
It would have to be the private sector, because governments don't have, and if they had they would never be allowed to spend, that kind of money on anything, let alone an investment with no return. I mean, just look at the topic of this thread. The United States can't even fund their own schools without stirring up a political shitstorm, and you expect them to fund building an infrastructure for half of Africa? And if you're referring to governments of African countries, that has nothing to do with the rest of the world, or the help in food (or money) we were talking about.

There are charity-based investment funds that fund development projects, but they are small scale and moving very very slowly. They are providing local populations with means to support themselves: building schools, providing farming tools and water sources, startups for local manufacture and industry etc. etc., but it's an uphill struggle, moving very slowly, and would take a lot more money (politics aside) to be done on a large scale.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Besides, nobody says those have to be companies comming from the private sector - there are National companies that can be forced to do this by respecive governments.
It would have to be the private sector, because governments don't have, and if they had they would never be allowed to spend, that kind of money on anything, let alone an investment with no return. I mean, just look at the topic of this thread. The United States can't even fund their own schools without stirring up a political shitstorm, and you expect them to fund building an infrastructure for half of Africa? And if you're referring to governments of African countries, that has nothing to do with the rest of the world, or the help in food (or money) we were talking about.

There are charity-based investment funds that fund development projects, but they are small scale and moving very very slowly. They are providing local populations with means to support themselves: building schools, providing farming tools and water sources, startups for local manufacture and industry etc. etc., but it's an uphill struggle, moving very slowly, and would take a lot more money (politics aside) to be done on a large scale.

There are also National charity programs that deal with the same thing. What I'm talking about is organising this charity work into one program and somewhat putting all those "income" sources, be it National or from charity into one larger-scale investment.

Africa has plenty of things one could be interested it - that being tons of incredibly "clean" and unpoluted land, precious stones and other minerals, useful for example in electronic component production. Based on that you can push through a programme of that magnitude. It's just "profittable right now" to keep Africa poor and draw the same benefits anyways by using your own land and your own workforce, ending up with a poor Africa, a worse-quality food produce and "blood diamonds".

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's just "profittable right now" to keep Africa poor and draw the same benefits anyways by using your own land and your own workforce, ending up with a poor Africa, a worse-quality food produce and "blood diamonds".
Well that's the problem. Educating them and raising their standard of living would only make exploiting the country more difficult, and local labor more expensive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's just "profittable right now" to keep Africa poor and draw the same benefits anyways by using your own land and your own workforce, ending up with a poor Africa, a worse-quality food produce and "blood diamonds".
Well that's the problem. Educating them and raising their standard of living would only make exploiting the country more difficult, and local labor more expensive.

You're forgetting that at the end of the day, the citizens decide on what kind of a government they wish to elect and what kind of charities they wish to give to. If there's anyone who should get educated, it's our society. WE have to start to understand that giving Africans food and medicine simply doesn't cut it and we must pressure certain organizations to do a more efficient job and that their approach needs to slowly shift towards developing rather than feeding and treating.

It's generally our fault that Africa's in a poor state, it all runs down to the exploitation of Africans during the colonial times. We "untaught" them how to live in their own envioriments and now they starve to death or infect eachother with diseases the Europeans brought there in the first place.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're forgetting that at the end of the day, the citizens decide on what kind of a government they wish to elect and what kind of charities they wish to give to. If there's anyone who should get educated, it's our society. WE have to start to understand that giving Africans food and medicine simply doesn't cut it and we must pressure certain organizations to do a more efficient job and that their approach needs to slowly shift towards developing rather than feeding and treating.

It's generally our fault that Africa's in a poor state, it all runs down to the exploitation of Africans during the colonial times. We "untaught" them how to live in their own envioriments and now they starve to death or infect eachother with diseases the Europeans brought there in the first place.
The Europeans brought AIDS to Africa? Isn't that the opposite sir?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For crying out loud, they brought numerous other illnesses. Why does everybody think "AIDS" when Africa is mentioned? High fatality rate there, fair play, but they have other worries aswell.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
In the larger scheme of things, this really pales in comparison to many other things Congress gotta do, like fixing that American economy up. I don't see why Africa gets brought up here, although I see the connection between pickiness of food and starvation.

Personally, people are looking WAY too much into Pizza = Tomato = Fruit dealio. You know how much more cheese and dough they pack into those things? If anything, they should just be called heart cloggers instead of pizza. I say this as a proud carnivore, by the way: I am not interested in vegetarianism or its political movements.

But yeah, reading too much into the semantics of the law/regulation/whatever will make everything we eat into a vegetable. Sure, we can joke about pizza being a fruit for its "high" tomato content, but we know that it's actually cooked food, even if the law says it's not.

TL;DR
Pull your heads out your asses, because a pizza is a pizza IS a pizza IS a pizza. It doesn't contain the poverties of Africa or the lack of reasoning in Congress/Parliament/President/Aliens/etc. It's dough, cheese and tomato, guys.

Reactions: 2 people

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
This community (gbatemp) are a sensible bunch. You would rule better than this embarrassing excuse of a government system.
Thankyou for understanding my intentionally rude post earlier.
but mods....
shame on you for censoring me.
everyone agreed with my comment.
Ps someone needs to mention Tomato is a fruit. Therefore Pizza is in fact a Fat Creation tool with added fruit.
God loves America. God is a story believed by idiots. Idiots think pizza is a vegetable.
enough said.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end