3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
monkat said:
At first I thought, "Hey, who cares? It doesn't affect me, and in facts help people avoid getting scammed!"

But then I was reminded of this poem from (I believe Nazi Germany)

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Also - when the entire country is so far in debt, is this really our first priority? We are paying people multiple times what I make to do this?

What. The. Fuck?

Yeah, that's a pretty wellknown poem. It's quite good.

Blame the government, guys. It's your problem.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Given a torrent search engine has been stomped upon i'd imagine pretty much everyone is fair game for this ridiculousness....

Yeah, cause you know, those piles of spam some of us get from those kinds of domains aren't annoying /sarcasm

Good that they are doing this, they are eliminating all these spam sites with counterfeit products that are doing illegal business, which generally stems from China. I wonder if Blizzard will get them to do it to all the WoW gold related sites, that would be a smart business move, pretty much shutting down every sites business for good.

D

Deleted_171835

Scary shit!
This is like the internet censorship in China. The fact that the US can do this and block the sites for everyone on earth is freaky. At least in China it only affects those who live in China. This affects everyone. US citizens need to do something about this. Protest to the government or something.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Gosh, they sure are getting down to business, aren't they?

Yes, a lot of these sites seem to be shady, rogue sites. However, doing this without a forewarning seems really... well, oppressive. These sites are being shut down without notice, even baffling the hosts.

I find the most scandalous (if I ever use that word again, slap me) part of this to be the fact that they're doing this to sites outside of the US, too. Sure, a lot of these sites may be wrong, but if they're foreign, is that any of the US's business?

Censorship, patdowns, invasions of privacy. The US is really making people mad lately, aren't they?

Offtopique:
"Wait... Why did you take down my site!?"

"Because ICANN."

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or rather throw out the obama admin and replace it with someone with brains (and who would repeal these laws) besides companies making games are Japanese orgin WHY THE HECK ARE WE PROTECTING THEM ANYWAYS?

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear US Government,

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE YOU THINKING?!?

WE'RE ALMOST LITERALLY DROWNING IN DEBT, CRIMINALS ARE BUSY DUMPING TOP-SECRET DOCUMENTS OUT INTO THE PUBLIC'S HALF-BLIND EYE, AND YOU'RE OFF BLOCKING SPAM SITES?!?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
or rather throw out the obama admin and replace it with someone with brains (and who would repeal these laws) besides companies making games are Japanese orgin WHY THE HECK ARE WE PROTECTING THEM ANYWAYS?

If you're going to go about calling people stupid, make sure that you're at least somewhere close to coherent. I have no idea, and I'm sure you don't either, who the head of this movement is, and stapling Obama's face to it doesn't help any more than it did during the Bush administration.

Also are you making the case that we shouldn't disallow the piracy of Japanese-developed games because they are from Japan? I won't go into international copyright laws (which do protect them), but we live in a global economy - if they do bad, we do bad. Moreover, Nintendo of America (or what have you) naturally has American employees. Preventing piracy is designed to aid the economy - employees get paid.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maz7006 said:
glad this shit will never ever happen here.

Yeah, but those websites are blocked globally, so they affect us indirectly.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HBK said:
Maz7006 said:
glad this shit will never ever happen here.

Yeah, but those websites are blocked globally, so they affect us indirectly.

as long as they don't force this homeland security on local pages here then im all good to go; which is my main concern

then again there's no reason to hate - at least they're cleansing the internet from scams and such

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You loose freedom when you have corporations like Disney writing the laws that govern the people. The laws are supposed to come from the people through our elected representatives. These laws don't just protect copy write material they are meant to stifle economic activity and mainly benefit the bills writers. For example it's illegal to sing happy birthday because it's still copyrighted because Disney changed that law a few years back. Just watch the Obama administration for what comes next. More and more so called liberals are turning corporatist and away from individual freedom.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was about to be upset till I realized must of these websites were just scams/spam/crap. I would be more upset if they were editing sites like shoptemp or gbatemp

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Fishaman P said:
I thought that didn't go through in Congress.
That's what i thought too.. I mean, i signed the demandprogress.org petition and i was glad i got this email not so long ago..

QUOTENolan -- big news! Yesterday the Senate Judiciary Committee voted unanimously to send the Internet blacklist bill to the full Senate, but it was quickly stopped by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) who denounced it as "a bunker-buster cluster bomb" aimed at the Internet and pledged to "do everything I can to take the necessary steps to stop it from passing the U.S. Senate."
Wyden's opposition practically guarantees the bill is dead this year -- and next year the new Congress will have to reintroduce the bill and start all over again. But even that might not happen: Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Hollywood's own senator, told the committee that even she was uncomfortable with the Internet censorship portion of the bill and hoped it could be removed when they took it up again next year!
This is incredible -- and all thanks to you. Just a month ago, the Senate was planning to pass this bill unanimously; now even the senator from Hollywood is backing away from it. But this fight is far from over -- next year, there's going to be hearings, negotiations, and even more crucial votes. We need to be there, continuing to fight.
Can you chip in a couple bucks so we can keep our lobbyist in DC?
We're doing everything we can: working with key staffers to remove the most egregious parts of the bill, lobbying more members of Congress to speak out against this bill, and insisting on hearings so the whole Senate can learn about how dangerous this is. And, of course, we'll keep working with you to make sure more people hear about this bill and tell their senators.
Chip in a couple dollars to support our work. Click here.
http://act.demandprogress.org/go/13?akid=2....igylto&t=4
Keep on fighting,
-- Aaron Swartz, David Segal, and the Demand Progress team
P.S. Are you as outraged as we are at those new TSA scanners? Click here to write a letter to your state legislators asking them to ban the practice. We've already gotten a bill introduced in New York -- will your state be next?
http://act.demandprogress.org/go/12?akid=2....igylto&t=7

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
monkat said:
At first I thought, "Hey, who cares? It doesn't affect me, and in facts help people avoid getting scammed!"

But then I was reminded of this poem from (I believe Nazi Germany)

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Also - when the entire country is so far in debt, is this really our first priority? We are paying people multiple times what I make to do this?

What. The. Fuck?

Think about it. Where does the money go when you buy counterfeit products? Usually to the Chinese counterfeiters themselves. It goes to China. It won't come back.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This isn't part of that other situation, which makes it even scarier as they're not even waiting for that to pass to pull this stuff.

geoflcl said:
Offtopique:
"Wait... Why did you take down my site!?"

"Because ICANN."
I laughed until I had to stop to breathe, I love you. XD

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
DeathStrudel said:
Son of Science said:
OMG, NO!

Not cheapscarfshop!

actually discountscarvesonsale.com is by far the best place to get scarves...well it was anyways
+1 to this.
I can't believe they did this. This is just outrageous.
ohnoes.png
angry.gif

EDIT: My neck and lower chin is going to be cold because of this.

Don't worry shoptemp has our scarf needs covered
http://shoptemp.com/products/New-transitio...carf-p-189.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr