US black ds lite non clicky R button?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by fatman711, Oct 14, 2006.

Oct 14, 2006
  1. fatman711
    OP

Newcomer fatman711 Member

I got a black US ds lite and my Right shoulder is not clicky. Anyone else have this problem? Are all of them like this?

2. XmemphistoX

Member XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States
    Mine clicks but its quieter than the left button. It's harder to feel it.

3. fatman711
    OP

mine goes down like half way without doing anything then if I press it all the way down, then the button responds...annoying.

I just don't want to go exchange it and find the same problem. Any perfect DSs out there?

I thought they fixed this problem with the white ds lites?

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Probably just a rumour... [​IMG]

5. Topsy

Member Topsy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I went through 3 black DSLs till I got a perfect one... One had the bad right button too. A white DSL I exchanged, also had a bad right button.

There are perfect ones you just gotta keep exchanging em. Between my black and white DSLs I must have done 7 or 8 exchanges till I got one that was perfect of each.

6. fatman711
    OP

How can I check my looking at the serial number, to find the newer batches of black ds lites?

THanks

7. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The problem is probably because the wifi and mic wires run right under the right shoulder button. It's a pain in the butt to reposition those wires.

8. slvrdrgn123

Member slvrdrgn123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same thing happen to my Onyx DSL, kinda annoying but I've gotten used to it since it responds just fine for me. I still would like to hear the clicky sound though, just to know it's working correctly.

9. vankrelian

Newcomer vankrelian Newbie

Brazil
    Well I bought one dsl black for me this weekend and it seems to be perfect, no dead or stuck pixels, no cracked hinge, no yellowish screen, not even a button problem, the only thing that is strange is that when i turn off the screen, there seems to be some pixels still lit... but that's no big deal, when I turn on the ds again they r all gone! [​IMG]

10. fatman711
    OP

The thing about the wires running down the R button. Some ppl say that is why the R button is looser feeling that the Left, but I exchanged my DS lite for another one and now, it is the opposite! The L button is much looser than the R...so i'm just confused now.

11. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    you can exchange it as often as you want, there will always be a problem with the ds lite.
    either its the l/r buttons, its the d-pad diagonals not working as they should, its dead/stuck pixels, its a yellowish (touch-)screen, a shifting touchscreen or whatever.
    unfort. you have to live with it.

mars

12. DrTek

Member DrTek GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    try your shoulder buttons when the lid is closed and when it's opened -
    they will feel different.

my l button is less clicky than my r button but when I push the opened lid a bit to the right my l button works nearly perfect.

try to shift your lids a bit away from the less-clicky shoulder button and it might work [​IMG]

btw ALL (for all the haters: ok 90%) German DS lites have yellowish touch screens [​IMG]